My B31, pictures

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Michael

My B31, pictures

Post by Michael »

Hope this works.
Few pictures showing non Bertram bridge plus spots where helm would have been on open model as hull number would indicate. Can anybody shed any light on hull number and hull configuration? To me it sure looks like it did not originally come as a open model, but I could be wrong

http://s1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee3 ... tram%2031/
Dug

Post by Dug »

Cool!!!

If you are going to do anything with the flybridge, I say take the bridge top off, fair and fill the holes, slap some paint on, put a kickass tower on with seating and controls, and you have a super cool sedan!!!!

Nice boat overall!!!!

Dug
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

I have a Sportsfisherman 31-382. I believe what you have is an Express that had a flybridge added. The Sportsfish model had a head between the V-berths. Any signs of plumbing in the hull around there? Intake or discharge ports? The forward starboard panel looks very original on yours. Your numbers pre-date hydraulic steering so there would be a lot to rip out. Mine was chain and gear driven to a Cadillac steering box in the stern. A lot to rip out. Full instrumentation was standard down below. If your stand up head is standard and not a recent addition, my guess is further verified. Your engine boxes are of a later style. Mine open in two parts. Yours are more stable to stand on and run from the express station. I may be wrong. The bridge overhang would have had to have been added. Any signs of fiberglass work having been done there? Don't be surprised if when taking things apart, you find a few different hull numbers in magic marker on the back of things. I have found 31-381, 31-382, and 31-384 on mine. I was told, that was common in the early 60's assembly lines. Walter
ZeroCavity

Post by ZeroCavity »

I agree with Dug
1965/2007 Bertram 31
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Walt,
Not an express. They had a different house configuration. Compare the side with an express.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Michael,
Looks like a sedan model that had a fly bridge put on latter, windshield wiper under the brow of the top is a sign, also the pipe running from up top thru the cabin hanging locker to Port was a definite add on, never saw pipe for steering and wiring run like that on any of the 6 models that I have surveyed (over 30 different 31's so far). The aft bulkhead windows are added also.
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61