Panama & the Faithful

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

Panama & the Faithful

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

A new topic just to see how this works.

Will take a little getting used to, but The Faithful are pretty savvy folks.

On our trip to TSL:

First, I'd like to announce that Mike Ohlstein is indeed not sick. He was in perfect form, catching a bunch of sails, including one on his fly rod (see his pix), and while fishing for roosterfish along the rocks, caught a big sail that could have been caught from the bank. In the swimming pool his scars made me tell him he needs to bring a gun to his next knife fight.

Second, I'd like to thank Hank for raffling off his custom rod to keep the bar tab going, and for all those that bought a chance. Bobby won it and caught a bunch of sails on it the next day.

Third, the chef at TSL used to be the chef for General Noregea, and he's a french carib. island guy. All the food had a little french flair, like the boulibasse (seafood soup) we had one night, was the best I've ever had.

The sashimi, fresh tuna sliced real thin, and served at the pool, bar, and veranda every afternoon was over the top.

Last, the brotherhood of the B31 Faithful is strong, and the idea we met on the internet is pretty funny to most, but not us. I plan to take a group back next year, have the week reserved, June 23-30, add a day on each end for travel. I will issue invites in due time. 24 slots. 5-6 grand. No short weeks next year, lodge is full up.

UV
Terry Frank

Post by Terry Frank »

UV,

Amen to all of that. We can't forget Andre becoming the local village smayor or Billy, El Presidente to some, hatching a coup and forming a government. A week that I'll never forget...even if I had to sit next to Timmy at dinner.

Br,

Terry, father of LDS
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

To say a good time was had by all is an understatement! Vic-as you can see, Patrick walked me through my getting back on the site. Didn't realize how hooked I am. Walter
randall

Post by randall »

hey walter....didnt forget about your deck rail....just nuts trying to put the boat back together....hard to work after panama
AndreF

posted pictures

Post by AndreF »

How do you do that?
Andre
In Memory of Vicroy

TSL report

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

The TSL site has posted a report on our week there, pretty funny. www.tropicstar.com and click the fishing tab and see the report for June 17-24.

AJ supposed to be ready this week, we shall see.....

UV
randall

Post by randall »

like the report says.."randall took some time off fishing to surf with the staff and had an amazing time".......didnt suck at all...........still plan to write a little about it just no time yet.....but the memory sure isnt fading
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

UV,
Green with envy. Pi$$ed that I couldn't go, but I would like to grovel mercilessly for a spot for 2007. Too much fun. Haven't been able to get Rawleigh off the ceiling long enough to get the full story, but it looks like he'll grin for a year.
Mikey
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
chris pague

Post by chris pague »

Mikey; get to work on your boat and quit wining.
Chris
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Chris,
Got your whining right here.
Call me, let's get Shrimp Pimp to moderate a din-din.
Mikey
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein