Bertram 31 Jackets?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory Walter K

Bertram 31 Jackets?

Post by In Memory Walter K »

I just went through some closets and drawers and discovered that I have about 14 Rendezvous T-shirts and 5-6 UVI polo shirts. As long as there are Rendezvous I will continue to purchase them in support of the events and the site. I don't think anyone at my marina has ever seen me in anything else but a Bertram hat and T-shirt. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in looking into a light zip up jacket with Bertram 31.com identification on it. I know they won't be as inexpensive as the T-shirts are, but if there is interest, maybe we should look into it. I know of a supplier that I met at the NY Boat show that has a 31 Bertram in his computer that I have had embroidered on polo shirts for my family, but I haven't bought any from them for a few years now. Any interest? Walter
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Hi Walter, sure I would love to have one of those light jackets. Please let me know where to send check and for how much? Thank you very much,
Rocky.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Walter

Not a bad idea. It's tough finding a decent picture of a 31 to put on jacket.
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

I have jackets for the seafood market and will check on price with them. they are in Barneget light NJ they are Viking outfitters.
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

I have been working out prices for Bertram 31 pins. Suggestions are needed. I thought maybe the hull with 31 Bretram above it. I thought the hull side view would be best because everyone has differant topsides. This is the company I spoke with http://ggharris.com/misc.html . He said 150 pins would be around 3 bucks a shot.
In Memory Walter K

If the hull is an issue or a problem, perhaps just the eagle and the Bertram V might be nice (and subtle). Would make a nice lapel pin or tie tack. Legal problem? Price is certainly more than reasonable. Charge $5-$10, take out the expenses (postage, art, etc.) and the "profit" can go to the site.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

waterk i saw that t-shirt company at the new york boat show last year.if somebody has a picture of me at the rendezvous with a black shirt on that the embrodery . exact 31 bertram side view with outriggers . looks like jp`s boat . possibly i could take a picture of the shirt and post it. don`t know how good it would come out but i could give it a try.i had 4 polo style shirts made.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Walter, Count me in for a jacket...Black n Gold would look sharp...
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Walter
I'm game for jackets. In fact I think that's a very good idea.

I have been purchasing clothing from the following guys for a couple of years now and been very satisfied. I offer my experience with Workingpersons for your consideration. They offer embrodry as a part of their everyday services.

http://workingperson.com/products/76_20 ... 64GRN.html

http://workingperson.com/

Count me in for 2......gotta keep Ms Jo Ann in style too.

H
hb
In Memory Walter K

I was thinking of something light and not cost prohibitive that can be worn most of the season and/or easily packed in a bag when traveling without worrying about wrinkling, etc. I've had one that even folded into it's own pocket that has been almost indestructible. I will do some research and see what can be found that won't go for big bucks but still be attractive and utilitarian. I want to see what Brewster had for his staff and find out what that cost. The Boat Show should have some, too. I haven't seen any advertising for the NY Boat Show at all this year. Anybody got the dates?
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

walterk new york boat show is jan.20th thru24th 10am to 9pm.
bob my shirts are black with the boat in gold, white and black. i will photo shirt tommorow .
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
coolair

Post by coolair »

i will check Houston boat show next week, but i am with walter light wind breaker, something that could be worn like on over night trip when its cool
There are shirt guys and promotional people everywhere. maybe even some sorta long sleeve under armor shirt that can be worn on hot days.
i would think with this economy they would be willing to make some good deals.
Harry
i like that site, i will probably be ordering a few things for me personally.
Thanks
Matt
Hull #315 - 854
Hueso

Post by Hueso »

I'm in for the jacket.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Walter said,
perhaps just the eagle and the Bertram V might be nice (and subtle)
I'm in if that's the design.

So many of the shirts have FB's or SF's on them which is nice but for those of us with Bahias and Expresses it ain't quite right. Know what I mean Vern?
Thanks, Pal.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

brothers this is the embroidered 31 bertram emblem from ny boat show.hard to take photo of shirt but here it is on black golf style shirt.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i think this is what mikey indicated this is on a green golf style shirt.i hope this illustrates what available.

capt.bob lico
bero13010473
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Keep in mind, Guys, that the Bertram name and Logo, as depicted in the above image, is copyrighted and owned exclusively by Bertram Yachts...

Any use thereof, especially if to be sold, must be approved in writting by Bertram Yachts. There's no problem for using it personally, but no exchange of hands.

Br,

Patrick
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

I think the "eagle logo" / with "BERTRAM" under it / and "31" under that would do it. Basically what Bob Lico has with a "31" under i,. then it covers us often forgotten bahia mar guys and express guys. There is a company called GulfStreamGear that is at most of the big shows. They have done transom lettering for me several times and they also do lots of shirts and jackets. They are here in FLA, but I know them originally from the Norwalk Ct, show.
website is:
www.gulfstreamgear.com
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

I agree..Bertram eagle logo, with 31 Bertram under it...sweet n simple....then guys could put their boat name somewhere below..Bahia Mar guy here too...Capt Pat could we tell bertram its a "club" jacket? BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Hueso

Post by Hueso »

It should also have the site address: www.bertram31.com That is, if Capt. Pat doesn't mind.
Rumrunner

What about us non 31 owners

Post by Rumrunner »

What about us non 31 users. Past history 2 31s, 1 38, 1 50

We should do something generic on bertram. I have a person that makes my 50 jackets and she is good.

Let me know what everyone else thinks?
Capt Tom
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Yes I have the same person do my Rendezvous shirts, hats, boarding mats, Bertram towels, wet/dry travel bags, canvas boat bags, little neck ties for the dogs, fleece pullovers, on yes jackets too.
Darla is the best bar none. She already has lots of Bertram logos.
Check out www.bertramrendezvous.com and click on "Stitches by Swyce"
Darla will be at the AC Boat show and Tom and I are working the booth. Anyway we should because we are getting free exhibitor badges.
Right Tom.
ed c.

Post by ed c. »

I understand that Bertram has not got the time to worry about a few dozen jac kets. I heard some rumors about them having to bite the bullet.
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

As far as Bertram logos are concerned you can go on their website and download all the logos and historical pictures you want. They have given me permission to use their stuff (Don Jones). Now I not selling it on the internet; just to other owners and want-to-be's
Seems like they don't mind you spreading the word.
In Memory Walter K

Charlie- Jacket pictures and approximate prices possible?
scot

Post by scot »

Boats not even close to being finished, but yep I want one. Put me on the list.

I would really like a decal for the rear window of the truck, did that one ever go anywhere?
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
coolair

Post by coolair »

That would be cool too, it would be really cool if we could sell the stuff on the website so Capt. Pat could make alittle money off this thing. but again you run into the legal stuff, which sucks, to bad you are not a 501C3, bet you could get away with it haha.
Thanks
Matt
Hull #315 - 854
tunawish

Post by tunawish »

Walter

I'd be in for a jacket or a couple t-shirts... I would vote for the logo in place of the boat for us that don't have 31's...

I agree that Bertram has got bigger problems on their hands than worrying about a few dozen jackets..The money generated is a "donation to the site" and not for personal profit.

But I understand the right thing to do may be to get permission...

Ray
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Walter try www.bertramrendezvous.com. Then go to 2006 for a jacket shot. 2007 has pics of boarding mats, hats ,bags. Other years have pics of the custom stuff we have had done. Darla's stitch count is the highest I have ever seem. Her work looks like a photo instead of embroidery.
Call Darla for pricing. Darla also does other custom stuff for the rendezvous attendees as they request. Custom pillow cases, towels, blankets, just about anything. She also get great prices on the fabric goods. Just make sure you tell her you are part of the Bertram Rendezvous.
Darla does a lot of work for me for other things. We have a granddaughter that was born with just two chambers of the heart. We have a foundation for her that supplies money and stuffed bears to Children's Hospital of Phila (CHOP). Darla does all the work for free as her part of support to the foundation. The Brook e Bear Heart Fund. We do hundreds of stuffed bears that are given to children who are worked on at CHOP.
Anyway Darla is GOOD people and does the best work money can buy.
Visit her website and stop by her booth at the AC Boat Show. Maybe you will run into Tom or me.
In Memory Walter K

Why do I get "Distriution One" website? Am I doing something wrong?
Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Try copy & paste to BING
In Memory Walter K

BING?
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

http://www.bertramrendezvous.com/home.aspx
Try this. I do not have a clue why it is not working.
In Memory Walter K

Charlie- That one worked perfectly. I assume you meant the first picture of the embroidered blue shirt/jacket. Can you send me her telephone # so I can have a conversation with her. Many thanks. Walter
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

coolair

Post by coolair »

what about using the mid atlantic rendezvous logo, just put a 31 in it, or the 31 bertram logo,
ok what i wanna know, is where can we get the bertram girl t-shirts and have a wet t-shirt contest?
Thanks
Matt
Hull #315 - 854
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Now the Mid-Atlantic Rendezvous is copyright. I have had to go after several ebay t-shirt sellers. With success by the way.
It is a very cool logo and cost money to develop.
Now we may be able to work something out; but I don't want the logo appearing on ebay and other places.
coolair

Post by coolair »

what about this one, i have no idea where it came from, its from the images link info on the general discussion
Thanks
Matt
Hull #315 - 854
In Memory Walter K

Very nice. I saw the people I worked with earlier when I went to the NY Boat Show. I also saw the jacket Brewster was talking about. Both were very nice but once you get involved with embroidery on the back, you're going over $100 per jacket. The best I've run into so far is $75 with an embroidered piece in the front. I'll call the woman Charlie has worked with in the past and see what she comes up with. My first thought was some sort of simple light windbreaker that would be inexpensive and not be a disaster if the fit was less than perfect. At $100+it should be perfect for each person (in my opinion).
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

The 31B logo was the one we used for the first two years of the Mid-Atlantic Rend. Fred Haas handled the shirts for these years. I am sure he knows where it came from.
As far as size goes you just have to see how the jacket you select runs size wise. They select accordingly.
Darla will be at the AC Boat Show. I would suggest someone making the trip to AC and see what Darla has to offer. She can get just about any quality jacket you want; but I always go with quality over price. Cheap costs money in the long run. At last years Rendezvous your $100 dollar registration got you TWO polar fleece pullovers with the sailfish logo, the name of your boat and the Bertram logo, a very nice wet/dry travel bag again with your boat name and logos.
You will hard pressed to find better quality in the embroidery that Darla does.
If you are looking at a "sketch" picture of a 31B well that is cheap; little detail and low stitch count. Darla specializes in taking a color picture of your boat and reproducing that on the back of a jacket. High stitch count, high quality, and higher cost.
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

Walter, I'll take a jacket with Charlie's Mid Atlanic logo. They are the coolest . And yet let us not pass up Predator's great art work on the golf shirts.

I bet I have as many Bertram shirts as Walter and like him wear them all summer long. Even got a UVI shirt signed by the Great One hisself.
A/K/A El Gaupo