Some folks just don't get it.

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Kurt

Some folks just don't get it.

Post by Kurt »

Things like this make me crazy. But, to each his own. I posted the link to the boat in the for sale section. I thought I saw bargains when I saw 31's with gassers that were running and the boat was just dirty and rough for $20k. Just had to vent. It's like saying cut up that 1930's Chris Craft or crush that old Mustang/Camaro. My wife is lucky we don't have acres of land where I could park all of my "future projects". http://mobile.en.craigslist.org/boa/1514142906.html
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Lack of knowledge is a terrible thing.
Carl

Post by Carl »

Today it's all about flash.

Try to explain to someone who just got into boating that they would be better off in a 47 year old hull then a new shiny one with standup shower in the head, an icemaker on the bridge and they will look at you like you have two heads.

Pass them up on a misirable day and they start to figure it out...unfortunately few of them seem to leave the dock.
randall

Post by randall »

boats that are appreciated by maybe 5% of the boating public wont be understood by the rest........thats OK.
CMP

Post by CMP »

randall wrote:boats that are appreciated by maybe 5% of the boating public wont be understood by the rest........thats OK.
I agree. It's a good thing...

CMP
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

Owning a 31 is like owning an old 'vette or an old Harley ..... the new glitzt stuff has not and will not stand the test of time. I explain this to my 20 yr old son who loves the little Hondas with the loud exhausts. Not to bad-mouth Hondas, but I'd take a 63 vette over a 2003 civic any day !!
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
randall

Post by randall »

so would i as a second "toy" car. reliability, every day driving, starts every time, NO CONTEST. spoken as a 4 time honda owner.