Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Looks like you just UNTORQUED it.........bet they don't teach that in college

H
hb
Buju

Post by Buju »

Goooood as new.
Cinder blocks have a rightful place in heaven right next to duct tape, bungee cord, CX, epoxy, and wire ties.
Speakin of new, looks like you got a new "TOY" truck...
I don't know what the world may want,
But a good stiff drink it surely dont,
Think I'll go and fix myself...a tall one.
scot

Post by scot »

Thanks Randall, I needed a good laugh, and you supplied it. But are you sure your not in the South? Those woods around the house look like East Texas to me?...Woodville, Hicksbaugh...no maybe Vidor.

You could call it "red neck frame alignment"
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
randall

Post by randall »

eastern long island is very wooded. caren got me a "new" used truck for my 60th birthday. i miss the old toy but she refused to ride in it....cant figure out why.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

I've seen that license plate somewhere before......
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
White Bear

Post by White Bear »

Archimedes would be proud of that rig.
randall

Post by randall »

yeah i took it off the big trailer and put it on the little one to launch amy's inflatable. i figured it had the right sticker......unlike your other plate which was for a motorcycle trailer last registered in 1983 or something. i even hooked up the lights even though they dont work. gee officer they worked when i left nassau county two hours ago........and now im less then a mile from home!!
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

I had a boat trailer license that had been expired for 20 or 30 years......down here you buy a sticker to update the permanent plate.....found a license plate in the road that was current, but it was for a car, so took some tin snips and cut out the metal with the sticker and slapped in over the expired sticker with some super glue.....went tooling down the highway and a trooper got me lickedy-split.....guy had eyes like a hawk...I invoked the first rule of ticket-fixin' - keep your mouth shut.....the DA for that Parish was my golf partner in law school....case closed.

Burn at night.

UV
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Like the old country song....."I have friends in low places"

Your luck is like mine Vic.....I think there is an invisible sign on the top of my van calling attention to the Alabama Highway Patrol......

Harry
hb
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

What do they say about drunks and fools?
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
scot

Post by scot »

UV said
I invoked the first rule of ticket-fixin'
I have a friend in DeRidder that didn't know that rule. He told the State Police "go ahead and write your ticket...my mom retired from the Sheriffs office and I will get it fixed anyway"

Off to jail he went. He learned "the first rule" the hard way.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

You can't fix stupid!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
randall

Post by randall »

thats pretty dumb. the only rule is "yes sir".

after being told "listen randall....just cause you live next door dosent mean you can drive home drunk in reverse"...i keep it to equipment violations.
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Several years ago I was stopped about 11:30PM on a secondary road in central PA.. I was doing about 75 in a 55 mph zone.. all alone between towns when a state trooper caught me on radar. I pulled over, and rested my wrists on the top of the steering wheel with my fingers spread apart, so walking up to me in the dark he could see I wasnt going to pull a gun or knife on him.

He checked my license, insurance etc, and told me what fines he could throw at me. Then he thanked me for showing my hands so he knew I wasn't going to be a threat.. and gave me a warning.

Glad I watch the "Cops" program on TV!

Randall... How did the trailer get bent in the first place?
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
randall

Post by randall »

i dont know i got it that way.

when i was 21 i got stopped....jumped out of my car and reached into the inside breast pocket of my jacket. the officer ,in a loud authoritarian voice said "son..freeze!! dont move an inch" i looked up at the wrong end of his service revolver. i explained i was going for my license. he told me to grab it by the corner and slowly show him. then he explained the drill. hands on wheel, fingers spread. thats what i have done since and have been told many times its appreciated.

i have a written warning for 95MPH on the wall of my shop to prove it.
John F.

Post by John F. »

after being told "listen randall....just cause you live next door dosent mean you can drive home drunk in reverse"...i keep it to equipment violations.

One of the better lines I've heard in a long time. Thanks for the laugh.
John F.

Post by John F. »

Variation on a theme....twice I ran by Suffolk County's finest at a rather high rate of speed, and saw them when they lit up (one by the side of the and the other going in the opposite direction) to give chase. Both times they found me on the side of the road sitting on my trunk with with my license, registration and insurance card out. Both gave me a stern warning and drove off...young, dumb, and lucky.
randall

Post by randall »

i ran three times...got caught once and escaped twice. i went by a cop reading a paper in his patrol car in early march on a gray day in 1970. it was on a completely deserted jones beach highway. um...i was going about 125.

kept on going and got off at the first exit. pulled into the first driveway i saw with an open garage door and a space. as i pulled the garage door down a fellow in an undershirt and holding a beer opens the through door to the house and says something unprintable here. i explain the situation and he says "c'mon in and have a beer and watch basketball game for awhile".
In Memory of Vicroy

Years ago in my distant youth, me & some other hot shot young lawyers were driving out of a disco bar parking lot in the wee hours in one guys's 4-hole Buick....he was the DA in another Parish, just been elected. We had downed a few clears and he drove across the street and slap into a deep ditch....rear wheels of the 4-holer off the ground with him gunning the motor to no avail......cops show up, we still in the car, giggling......cop climbs down in the ditch and raps on the driver's window....my DA buddy hits the power window (kinda cool back then) and the officer shines the flashight on him and asks for his license....buddy reaches for his DA "get outta jail free" i.d. and hands it to the cop....cop examines in under the flashlight and says "Sir, we don't take American Express".....wrong card.... he finally found the right one and we all got rides to a nearby hotel in patrol cars and a wrecker retreived the 4 holer......

UV
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

I guess I gotta be the one to do this. It's OK people call me stupid all the time!

4-hole buick?
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
In Memory of Vicroy

In the late 40s and 50s - and even later - Buick's top of the line cars had 4 holes in the front fenders....the mid level cars had 3 holes, so when you referred to a Buick it was either a "4-hole" or a "3-hole". The holes were fake with a chrome bezel.

I forget some of you guys are mere tykes.....

UV
randall

Post by randall »

uh oh....i knew exactly what you were talkin about.
Buju

Post by Buju »

I had an idea, and I'm only a kid in my mid 30's.

Funny thing is, they're doing it agin with the newer models.
I don't know what the world may want,
But a good stiff drink it surely dont,
Think I'll go and fix myself...a tall one.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Ok, the picture of U V in a disco is disturbing.

I can picture it now, UV a white suite and his finger pointed in the air. Old JT has nothing on UV.
tunawish

Post by tunawish »

Mark,

I don't think they ever stopped...My Dad had 3 Buicks since 63'.
My wife had a 2004, They all had some type of fake ports on the front fenders...

Ray
Carl

Post by Carl »

I looked back thru all my driving days, crazy stunts, cops chases, pull overs etc...

I got nothing

I'm either boring or lucky...
In Memory of Vicroy

Tony - yep, we did the disco in a place called Del Lago where the floor lit up and flashed all different colors. Garb of choice for hot shot young lawyers was three pc. polyester leisure suit and three-tone plastic shoes.....I have a police photo of me holding several hundred thousand bucks of bank robbery loot wearing THE outfit.....my client robbed the bank.....sometimes we'd go there for lunch and call the wives about 6 to get baby sitters and come on over for dinner and dancing....leave at 2 am or later. 'Tis the Coonass way......

UV
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

AAhh, the good old days!! Now they lock you up for a week! Dang politicians!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31