NE Rendezvous

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

gplume

NE Rendezvous

Post by gplume »

To the NE Folks;

Dug and I have decided to put together the rendezvous for this year...with help and advice from Walter.

For the location, we have settled on the Point Judith Marina, which is a relatively easy cruise from many points around the NE area. (You fast guys shoul be able to make it from the Montauk area in around an hour.)

Dates will be August 7th and 8th. Point Judith marina has offered up a decent slip price of $ 2.00 a foot if we can bring in at least 10 boats, so I urge you to sign up soon so we can cement that deal. I will ask that you make your slip resrvations directly with Point Judith Marina. Contact there is Anne, so ask for her, she has been very helpful and seems good to deal with. Just tell her you are with the Bertam 31.com NE Rendezvous. Deposit will be one night in advance. Electric hook up is another $5.00/night for 30 amp and $10.00 for 50 amp.

To get a glimpse of the facility, you can visit their website;
http://www.pjmarina.com/
Call Anne at 401-782-8899 to guarantee your reservation.

I put together an overview of the location (along with NEB) in the attached PDF. http://bertram31.com/nerend/options_ne_rendevous.pdf

As far as a "get together" dinner, Dug and I will work out those details. Most likely a boiled Lobster dinner from the fish market next to the marina. Kids/landlubber food is also available. We will work out the details and post that info at a later date. As I said, Walter will be consulting as well.

In summary, there is some decent fishing around the area, and the location is near a pretty good RI beach. The Point Judith area is alot similar to Montauk (Drinking town with a fishing problem? Maybe.) , and I think you all will like the location. The pdf file mentioned above shows you what is around the area plus provides a partial listing of some local hotels/motels. As we get some more details together, we will post it. Dug has mentioned he may be able set up a web site (as was done in the past) for sign up

Feel free to contact me directly with any questions.
401-439-6406 (cell) 401-934-2043 (home).

Looking forawrd to a good get together!

All the Best
Giff
Giff
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

Bummer... I cant make it up there...
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
CMP

Post by CMP »

Thanks for doing this guys-I'm hoping to make it this time...

CMP
neil

Post by neil »

i just booked our slip see ya then
Rumrunner

Post by Rumrunner »

Rumrunner will rev a slip tomorrow. Hope they can keep us all together, not like that dump (sorry) marina in Montalk last year. I will miss the boards nailed together and held to dock by old line that they used for ramps. See you guys in Pt Judith.

Capt Tom,
Capt Tom
Harv

Post by Harv »

Depending on my schedule, I may drive out in the Land Yacht again this year.
Harv
Rumrunner

Post by Rumrunner »

Were booked

Capt Tom
Capt Tom
Ken Hudson

Post by Ken Hudson »

Giff,

We plan on going. I will make reservations in the next day or two.

Ken
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Gif,

My ride is far from done but I may take my Dads boat....Last resort land yacht. Did you get Shearwater in? Like to take a ride down some weekend to see her. Thanks BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
gplume

Post by gplume »

Bob-

Workin like a dog....(somehow, I think you know the feeling). Planning on launching the week of May 11th. Got lots of small projects coming together, plus helping a few other people out, so burning the candle on all ends. Usually takes me a week to be fully operational, so figure mid to late May. Come on down, you are always welcome.

As far as the rendezvous, it would be great if you came on your Dad's boat....just make sure you bring an updated photo set of your project. By all means plan on coming, if not by sea then by land.

All - Will have a post on the food and other info updates soon.
Giff
Harv

Post by Harv »

Bob H. wrote:Gif,

My ride is far from done but I may take my Dads boat....Last resort land yacht. Did you get Shearwater in? Like to take a ride down some weekend to see her. Thanks BH
I thought I was the only one with an "official" land yacht.
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Harv,
Rendevous rookie here...Wanted to attend a few years back on the Vineyard but my daughter broke her wrist playing soccer. My parents did attend on their 37 Bertram, Westwater. I hope seeing a few 31s will help to keep the fire going on finishing my ride. Engines go in next week for good. Unofficial ride until I get to dock along side with my 66 31....BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
White Bear

Post by White Bear »

Is everything still a go for August? My neighbor just bought a '31 which will get wet for the first time in three years next week. Pt. Judith would be a good destination for him and I want to make sure everything is on track before I pass the information along.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Bob H. wrote:Harv,
Rendevous rookie here...Wanted to attend a few years back on the Vineyard but my daughter broke her wrist playing soccer. My parents did attend on their 37 Bertram, Westwater. I hope seeing a few 31s will help to keep the fire going on finishing my ride. Engines go in next week for good. Unofficial ride until I get to dock along side with my 66 31....BH
Bob,

I have been to more rendezvous with the land yacht than with my Bahia Mar. Ethanol damage in 06, and back problems since 07. My goals are to rehab my back this summer and get back to work, and then get back to the boat starting next spring. I have family in Rehobeth, .....the next time I am up that way, I'll give you a holler.
Harv
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

The date has knocked me out. We'll be in Bermuda. I figured the first weekend in August .
A/K/A El Gaupo
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Harv, Hope your back rehab is going well....if you get up this way drop me a note, my bahia mar is in the back yard, would be glad to share my progress.