It's a BOY!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

CaptDana

It's a BOY!

Post by CaptDana »

Faithful,
Well last night my wife Kim delivered our firstborn baby- Parker Dana Bonney 7lbs 19" long. Both him and mom are in good health after an emergency c section. I am so excited. I can not wait until him and I are able to share days on the boat fishing just as I did with my dad as a kid. Plus- I'll have a new helper for my passion- working on boats. What a great feeling I have today!
Capt. Dana
Dana Bonney
John F.

Post by John F. »

Congratulations. Great news. Fishing with kids is about the most fun you can have.

John F.
Buju

Post by Buju »

Big congratulations Capt. Dana!
You must be beaming... changes everything.
The emergency c-section can be a scary situation... Same thing happened with my daughter, water broke & the u-cord then wrapped tight around her neck. Scary. And my wife, being a RN, knew full to well what was going on...even scarier for her... me, I was just the big-dummy in the corner with the "what the hell do I do" hopeless expression on my face.

Again, congrats and I'm glad everyone pulled thru OK.

How'd them teak covering boards come out?
I don't know what the world may want,
But a good stiff drink it surely dont,
Think I'll go and fix myself...a tall one.
Rit

Post by Rit »

Congratulations!!! Oh, how I envy your future with this kid "just messin' around with boats"
Carl

Post by Carl »

John F. wrote:Congratulations. Great news. Fishing with kids is about the most fun you can have.

John F.
Yup, it ranks right up there with making them!

Congratulations Capt. Daddy Dana!, glad to hear mother and son are doing well!

One bit of advice...
Catch up on your sleep now, before they get home. It will be the last time for a long time you will have that chance. But it's all good.

Congrat again!

Carl
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Congrats Dana
I have to say that my children were... and are still the spice of my life.....grandchildren are just frosting on the cake........

The first word out of my oldest grandsons mouth was "BOAT"...that was only after I brain washed him for months.

Enjoy......its truely a blessing

Harry
hb
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

That is great. COngratulations and get some sleep.
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Congratulations! As said above.. your life will never be the same!

Take lots of pictures and save them,, you always think you will remember them "just as they are", but you won't recall everything. A scrapbook full of pictures will be priceless!

Get ready for "Bob The Builder" and "Thomas The Tank Engine" books!
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Thats awsome. Get some box cameras and take a picture every day so you can see the changes. Thats what we did. Its so cool.
tunawish

Post by tunawish »

Congratulations,

I agree about the pictures and movies while on fishing trips and time together.
My son who is now 20 and in college spent almost every weekend with me while the boat was in the water, fishing, cruising and as said above "just messing around on boats" until he was 15 or so. We spent weekends during the winter months looking at boats and working on them. It was something we had together. He loved the Ocean since I could remember and I was passionate about boats. Cherish those times...
His interests will change his friends will become more a part of his life.
When the sometimes difficult moments of teenage years come it's great to be able to walk into my office and see the wall I have covered with pictures of he and I together. It helps me get through some tough days. I love my wife and daughter but there is something special about a son....

Enjoy...

Sheez.... I should write for Hallmark....!!

Ray
Carl

Post by Carl »

Lots of pictures...
it's funny, you leave in the morning and some days when you get home you are startled as they actually look different. Sometimes it's just a subtle facial change, other days you would swear they grew an inch.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

The best is yet to come! Congratulations! Walter
randall

Post by randall »

congrats...enjoy !!
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Congrats Capt. All three of my boys were c-sections with the baby now 27 yrs old.
Sure changed my life for the better but it is like dropping a 60,000 lb anchor overboard.
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

tunawish you said it well .my son is 39 and still my "best friend". we have hunted and fish together since his childhood.he drag a big bear out of the wilderness with me and we laugh at old times with a couple of beers.yep nothing like a son to take over your bertram.congratulations 0n a fine boy.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Congratulations to Dana & Kim.....they grow up fast, enjoy every minute...Making memories on my Dads Bertram can never be replaced and I cant wait to share the same with my son.
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

Congrats Cap! As others have said, it just gets better and better. You won't believe that but it does!

My twins are going to turn 6 in June and they bug me to fish and boat. I can't wait to oblige them this summer!!

Jeff in PA

Still Bertramless but working on it!