Fishing Cape Cod

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

jackryan

Fishing Cape Cod

Post by jackryan »

My family and I will be spending a week this summer on Cape Cod, about 10 miles south of P-Town and very close to the town of Truro. I was wondering if any of the faithful that are familiar with the area could recommend a good fishing guide. We will be there the first week of August, and I hear this is a good time to go out for bluefin tuna and stripers.

Thanks,

JR
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Mojo Mitch Mills might be able to help you.....
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
CMP

Post by CMP »

If yer looking for a guide in CC Bay, they don't come any better than Jeff Smith in Wellfleet, one up-Cape from your destination. www.finaddiction.com If you want a family charter or offshore trip with more ppl, go to the south side at Bass River and fish Mike Harney on the Emma Jack www.emmajackcharters.com. These 2 are, IMO, among the best you'll find not only for fishing, but as people. If I can help with anything else, give me a yell...

CMP
jackryan

Post by jackryan »

Thanks for the suggestions. Some of the photos on their websites are great. I'd love to catch a giant bluefin. I'll give both a call.

I'm headed out of South Pass, past Port Eads tomorrow night for some tuna/mako fishing. A friend totally re fitted a 31 Bertram, including 315 Yanmars, Generator, A/C, paint, hardtop. He did an outstanding job. I'll post some photos of boat and fish when I return.

JR
jackryan

Post by jackryan »

It was not the slaughter we had hoped for, but ended up with 1 blackfin, 1 dolphin, 1 nice wahoo and 2 amberjack. It's a bit sad to go past Port Eads and see the bones of the old big game club. Some of the nice camps are back up and running. The "Black Eye" ran great. With 315 Yanmars, got about 1.5 mpg.

JR