Southeast Texas under water

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

scot

Southeast Texas under water

Post by scot »

Safely relocated (temporarly in Dallas) I'm sad to report my home town of Orange Texas is under 3-6 ft of storm surge. Reports indicate the surge is as far north as IH-10. Thank God My home is located a bit North and is high & dry. Bridge City Texas is under as well.

You can see the sad event on the local news video streams.

www.kfdm.com

They are currently looking for additional people with small skiffs to assist in the rescues. It's a BAD thing when your home town is on CNN.
I'm just thankful my home is not under water. This area will be in need of much prayer for months to come.

The untold story is more than likely going to be Bolivar (home of Ernest's 28) Hope she wasn't there Ernest.

I'll try to keep you guys posted....but I'll be busy helping friends and family.

Thanks for your prayers in advance.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
tunawish

Post by tunawish »

Scot,

Glad to hear you were spared the worst of it........

Good luck in the coming days / weeks....

Ray
kellysmall

Post by kellysmall »

Scot,
Let us know if there's anything we can help you with. Whatever you need, we'll try to help.

-Kel
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Thank you for letting us know how you are. We anxiously wait for news on the status of Da Judge, Tom, Ernest and our other Texas bretheren. If any of you hear anything from anyone in the danger area, please post it. Walter
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Scot,

Glad you faired OK, sorry for those on lower ground...

Walt,

I talked with Trey today, he camped out with his daughter in Austin so he's OK, but he hadn't received any news at the time as to the condition of his place in Galveston. Got reports from my sister in Houston & kept tuned to the local news earlier. Sounds like Houston was doing reasonably well, only moderate flooding, lot of wind damage, blown out windows in the skyscrapers downtown. They only averaged 6-8" of rain.

Galveston was pretty much trashed in many places on the east end of the island, but the storm surge was far less than predicted, nowhere near the 25' that the doom sayers were forecasting. More like 12 - 15'... Da' Judges house is 10' above sea level at the slab so he should be OK except for what ever water he got down in the garages & shop. Judge had his boats tucked safely away in Texas City.

Haven't heard from Ernest or Tom, but everything on the east side of the storm got hammered bad...

Br,

Patrick
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Patrick- Thanks for that. Walter
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Hope Trey flew his plane out. Pics from the Galveston airport show very heavy damge to general aviation, hangers blown and washed down.

All the Resturants based on the sea wall are gone.

Pat,
Hope they had all the ventilation closed on that sub display based on the east end of the Island, otherwise it filled up.

They had piped ac ducts in.

Funny how people are still amazed at the destruction of coastal communities during a hurricane.

I like others choose to live where we do and just have to deal with it.
scot

Post by scot »

The destruction is beyond words. The address below is an AOL listing of 500 various IKE images. We have numerous relatives with NOTHING, currently trying to figure out who is going where.

http://news.aol.com/article/after-ike-r ... ors/170000

The lession.... it's not the category, but the size of a storm. I've started designing my new shop, or should I say my "Hunker-Bunker"
The idea of my home being basically untouched is almost a feeling of guilt. The 25 project is definately on hold for a while. The focus now is gas for the generator, food & water. Heading down into it tomorrow, time to help those less fortunate.

Picked up a small window unit AC today, No AC for 4 weeks after RITA, ain't gonna do that again!!!! Preparing myself for going feral. Wacked the barrel off on the pump gun today so it will fit better in the truck and spray in the general direction I point it.. (snakes, rats, gators, etc.)
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

To our Texas brethern..........I am sad that you guys have to endure all of this damage.....My prayers are with all of you

I there is anything I can do please let me know

Can I deliver anything to you to help you while you recover....

I am in Alabama.....not to far away

Harry

251-510-5293 Cell
hb
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Wacked the barrel off on the pump gun today so it will fit better in the truck and spray in the general direction I point it..
In the United States, due to the National Firearms Act, it is illegal for a private citizen to possess a sawed-off modern smokeless powder shotgun (a barrel length less than 18 in. or 46 cm and an overall length less than 26 inches) without a tax-stamped permit from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.

Its 3 to 5 in the federal pen and a felony conviction.

You may already know this, but its worth repeating.

Measure twice, cut once.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Glad you are OK Scot! Good luck to all the rest in that area!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
kipp

Post by kipp »

Anyone heard about or from John Cranston and "Reel Cowboy"
kipp