Northeast Rendevous 08

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

neil

Northeast Rendevous 08

Post by neil »

I would like to get some feed back if Essex, Conn would be an interesting venue for next year's gathering. We stopped there on our way back from Montuak and we were initially told nothing was available until 2009. They called and said someone must have cancelled and we could have their spot.

There's no financial commitment to reserve it, so let's hear what everyone's thoughts are. It's Essex Island Marina, there's a pool and we maybe able to cater our own event, Brewster some clam bake if you would do the honors. Or if anyone else has another idea let's hear it!!

Regards, the Franzoni Family
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

There was an earlier suggestion that Hampton Bays be considered. It gets my vote and my volunteering to help make it a biggie. I'm sure Brewster's would be an ideal caterer, if not a site for the dinner! Walter
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Hampton bays would be great. If you ask me. Jacksons Marina is being sold this Wednesday and they might be able to fit everyone next year. I know if I run the lobster dinner from my place it will be 35$ a person BYO. There are many different ways to get here, and the fishing is good for something most of the time.
scot

Post by scot »

Brewster,
if I run the lobster dinner from my place it will be 35$ a person BYO
Does that mean: "Bring Your Own Boose" or "Bring Your Own Lobster"
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
randall

Post by randall »

hampton bays would be great for the LI west contingent...maybe even the NJ guys.....and really isnt much further from new england than montauk if you go thru the gut and peconic bay......
Harv

Post by Harv »

randall wrote:hampton bays would be great for the LI west contingent...maybe even the NJ guys.....and really isnt much further from new england than montauk if you go thru the gut and peconic bay......
and a shorter drive by car if my boat is not ready.
Harv
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Yea bring your own booze. And bring extra just incase Timmy shows up with the TuBBBBBB! Or he might just come without it. Its far to paddle from were he is.
neil

Post by neil »

hampton bays sounds great to us, we have never been there neil
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

Essex, Ct sounds good to me. Any other place except Newberry Port sounds good to me.
Essex on the Conn. River. I bought a commercial boat there in 1964 with a 25 ft mast. The boat was a 60 footer and was docked north of the rail road bridge. The rr bridge was low and this boat should only go under with the tide low. But the bastard, Stewie Ingersol who sold us the boat didn't tell us and we were too dumb to ask. He was connected to the manufacturing company that bore his name. They put him in a boat yard to keep him happy and out of the family business.
Well, tide was going out but not enough for us. The boat needed a spring line to turn it in the river to go south. That how big it was in relation to the river. It need 500 feet to turn.
The mast hit the bottom of the bridge four inches fron the top. At the last moment I tried to stop and not go thru . Too late. Boat speed and current were too much. I was commited. Thank God the boat went thru at a 30 degee angle 'cause the mast came down just missing the wheel house.( boat was just like the Chesepeake buy boats with the wheel house aft).

Now getting back to the task at hand and not hi-jacking the thread, The Hamptons are good for me too. And I won't have to smack Stewie around.
A/K/A El Gaupo
jeffery pagano

Post by jeffery pagano »

Hampton Bays will work well for West LI and NJ, but may be a problem for some Mass owners. Any location will work for us.
If I had to choose, Brewsters is the way to go----great food--and less expensive location overall than Montauk, BI and MV.
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Dick we don't want you up here anyhow, just send maureen.
Brewster, tekiller.
CMP

Post by CMP »

Wow, you're awake! I figured it would have taken you another day to sleep off the drunk you put on at casa de CMP Saturday...

CMP
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

up at 5:30 sun am. awake sometime tonight
neil

Post by neil »

no hatterasses in 08 well maybe dan, he is a decent guy regards neil
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

neil the only reason your still allowed(other than you try to organize these things) Is your lovely wife, and kid. Oh yea and Mark
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

neil wrote:no hatterasses in 08 well maybe dan, he is a decent guy regards neil
Well Thanks Neil It would be nice to come again and does Timmmmy have a Hatteras???? I know he's got a Pickup and a Dog!!
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
BlueChip

Post by BlueChip »

Essex is Nice... What about Saybrook Point Marina. Nice facility, floating docks.. great view, two pools, jacuzzi

let me know if you guys want to get info for there... i will put in a few calls...

www.saybrook.com .. Jeff is the Dockmaster...

Chris
Restoring a 1973 Mako 20 . . B31 is next...when I find the cash

My Dad's 1966 B20 that i am working on .. (pre-BootStripe)
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Dan, no pig pileing now. Just rember who brung ya to the party
neil

Post by neil »

blue chip we stayed at old saybrooke ,very nice place but too high end for most. to many fancy items on the menu and not a bertram kinda place. essex island was an interesting place . hamptons bays sounds great to us regards neil