Bass fishing

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Carl

Re: Bass fishing

Post by Carl »

Very Nice Jason! I'm glad you were able to sneak a couple of extra trips in before calling it a season! I love the end-of-year fishing trips when the weather cooperates. When it doesn't...well that's why I pulled mine. The boat does look great!

Looks like we have the same rudders, how do you feel your boat steers now? I find mine "just kinda steers" at speed...not horrible but far from good. I feel it is worse since the conversion...my thought is the larger wheels have more prop wash flowing under the rudder now. I may drop rudders and extend the blade length a couple of inches for next season.

Thanks, I think she scoots along pretty well too. I went into the conversion with the expectation of a 20-knot cruise with the 210's, it's where I am and I am very happy with that. I also won't lie and say when talking with others who had the 210/220's in their 31's that I didn't have a hope of achieving their 21-22knot cruise, but that is the nature of the beast. I am adding a bit of cup to my spare wheels for next season. If performance is better while attaining WOT, temps stay in line, great. If not I'll switch back and knock out the cup.

Another nice perk of the end of year, I do feel more oomph from the motors...cold air in makes a difference.
Snipe

Post by Snipe »

Carl the steering isn’t that great I was debating building a new set or adding to them but I can live with them for now. I was thinking the same with the bigger props. Saturday was a perfect day.
Tony yes back in the yard. When I was looking for a top I needed one to fold down to get under the wires. It’s like 6inches on one set I ride up top to watch.
Jason
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

6 inches is tight fit. Just need one to have stretched a little or someone was working on it and it did not go back up just right.

I know the wires need to be a minimum of 13 feet over the driveway coming into a house. That probably equates to about 14 to 15 over the road depending on the attachment to the house.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
neil

Post by neil »

Carl,extending the rudders worked very well for us on our other bahiamar .give it a shot
Carl

Post by Carl »

Thanks Neil, I'll add that to my To Do list. Should be relatively painless.

How far did you extend Neil?? I was thinking 2-3" and I think I have some flat bronze stock around that size.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Carl I extended mine down About 5 inches I used 2 pieces of stainless steel welded the edges and bolted it to the bottom of the rudder worked good for over 15 years until the boat ran over a tow rope a few weeks ago now I will need new rudders along with everything else. I'll try to get a picture
Carl

Post by Carl »

Slick thinking about welding SS plate and bolting on. So you went 5", wow, that is a good bit longer.
Thanks for info, Anthony.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Carl Give me a call and I can explain what I did Anthony 732-267-2527
Carl

Post by Carl »

Anthony, your explanation painted a picture in my mind. No further explanation required. Thank you for the offer. I’ll more then likely go with welding on a bronze extension, as that is easier for me and will be seamless.
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Does the addition/extension go both ways? Vertically below and horizontally at the trailing edge? Or just one of the two?
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"