Got er’ Done

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

DCJ

Got er’ Done

Post by DCJ »

Finished glass work in cockpit area, strut pads, shaft logs, deck and exhaust supports, grind and fair under gunnels, rod/gaff holders along with something I probably overlooked but minor add later. Might add I am glad that part of resto is in the past. Even though my shop is well ventilated most days during process were well over 100 degrees. Perfect temp for grinding FG? All layups had to be completed by 9:00 am even with the tropical hardener. Top coated today with 2 coats of Barust 235 epoxy primer. Waiting on machine shop to complete running gear, moving forward with exhaust. Thanks for all the help and comments guys. Post an address and I will gladly help support this site. https://www.flickr.com/photos/19899699 ... W9177t5760
MarkD

Re: Got er’ Done

Post by MarkD »

Looks great! Sounds like a painful process but the end result speaks for itself.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

From the looks of it, the heat did not stop you one bit. It looks good. Hopefully the tough stuff is behind you.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Carl

Post by Carl »

Looks great!!

That is an awful lot of work in the heat. Its an awful lot of work without the heat.

For site donations:

Pay pal email link is bruce@southeastmarine.com

Please if you make a donation, pm me to make sure I can confirm delivery.

Thanks to everyone for your consideration.

For Checks you can use the following and it will forward to me:
Bruce Creamer
12016 Colony Avenue
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida 33410
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Looks amazing.
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
DCJ

Post by DCJ »

Thanks. Checked you out on the thread last night Peter, guy you are so close and it’s looking great! It’s gonna be worth the wait.
Snipe

Post by Snipe »

Looking great David hopefully your cooling down a bit soon.
Jason
DCJ

Post by DCJ »

Thanks Jason. Where did you get your 6x5” FG 90 degree bend that goes beneath hump hose to change wet exhaust from vertical to horizontal? Just doing some rough measurements it looks like things are going to be tight. You don’t recall what the makeup for that 90 was by chance. IE; end to center.
DCJ

Post by DCJ »

Started exhaust today. Converting round to oval exits at transom just change it up a bit, wondering if it will sound any different? Mocked up engine compartment to make sure piping fits in as planned. Back in the day I called myself a pretty decent pipe fitter but have no experience with tig. However! Sometimes in the boat building world we get a break. Found a tig man that is off on Fridays and takes on side gigs and this guy is good and reasonable. Looked at some of his work, tig’n up some ballast tanks for a one man submarine, best I’ve ever seen. So with my 70 year old eyes I can get it fitted and tacked and drop it off to him for the pro touch. Moving forward, slowly. https://www.flickr.com/photos/198996996 ... eP01D816Da
Snipe

Post by Snipe »

I think I got them from Donovan marine but I know west marine has them also. I don’t recall the measurements but I know I had to cut the starboard side down on the up side no problem I just sanded smooth. I can grab a measurement for you when I go to the boat later.
Jason
scot

Post by scot »

Very nice work 👍
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
scot

Post by scot »

Very nice work 👍