Momoi Diamond or Jerry Brown Hollow core

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

ktm_2000

Momoi Diamond or Jerry Brown Hollow core

Post by ktm_2000 »

Now that I have got through my breakin and all seems to be running well, I want to try out the vertical jigging bite for bluefin off Chatham. I have a heavy fin-nor spinner and jig setup with 80# braid and I wanted to get one conventional setup so I was going to use one of my Avet 30s and pickup a jigging rod for the reel.

In the past Jerry Brown was the only game in town if one wanted hollow core, I was looking out at tackle direct and Momoi makes Diamond hollow core and it is quite a bit cheaper, I could respool both my Avets with 750 yds of 100 for a little more than the price of 600yds of JB. I've used their mono in the past and have good luck with it , Anyone have any experience with Momoi Diamond Braid?
ktm_2000

Re: Momoi Diamond or Jerry Brown Hollow core

Post by ktm_2000 »

I ended up with 1500yds 100# Momoi hollow core, I went to Red top and got a Shimano Trevala jiging rod and they had some partial spools of various different braids so I got a chance to feel them.

red-top only sells by the yd so I ordered 1500yds online, a new spool of 80# mono and a 80# wind on leader

The thought is that I will load up my 2 avets with the hollow core, I will fill both equally with the braid and leave enough for to put a 100yd topshot of 80. On one, I will temp install the wind on leader so I can use that for jigging, later on when I figure out what to get for a conventional jigging reel, I can take off the wind-on leader and put a 100yd topshot of 80 on.