Bert 25 Location of Main Fuse Block Fuses & No Power to instruments and ignition

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

chrisCA

Bert 25 Location of Main Fuse Block Fuses & No Power to instruments and ignition

Post by chrisCA »

Hi

I have a problem with my Bertram 25 1972 twin 165's

I lost all power to instrument panel and fuse blocks. I've been troubleshooting and found a wiring diagram.

Does anyone know if the location of these fuses that are on the AMM+

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OZkeM ... p=drive_fs

Would it be at the back of the wiring harness or somewhere upfront. I can't seem to be able to find it.

Can you think of any other fuses that would cause a complete no power to front of boat? I have 12v at the starter solenoid
Chanse

Re: Bert 25 Location of Main Fuse Block Fuses & No Power to instruments and ignition

Post by Chanse »

As you face the engine(s) you will see a large red button on the left side marked
CIRCUIT BREAKER, PUSH TO RESET. Try it.
John Swick

Re: Bert 25 Location of Main Fuse Block Fuses & No Power to instruments and ignition

Post by John Swick »

There should be a fuse/bus bar behind the helm console.
Access to that is thru the back of the bulkhead in the cabin.
Good luck.
1971 31' Bahia Mar hull# 316-1035
chrisCA

Post by chrisCA »

Thank You guys.

I feel like such an idiot The breaker was right in front of me. Cooked up in dirt and grease.
I just had my morning coffee went down to the boat and just stared at the motors and haha there the breaker struck me in the face :-D

The are mounted backwards so the reset is facing back of the motors. Anyhow,

I reset it and it comes on for a few seconds, my sump pump comes on and than it trips. I'll work on it tonight. I suspect the sump pumps as the ignition was off when it tripped.

Any other short finding tips would be appreciated.

Much happier skipper Chris...
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Pump could be bad. I would discuss the float switch, wire the pump direct and see if it blows. If it does the pump is bad. If it doesn't get a new float switch.

Of course you could also have a bare spot on a wire touching and shorting out.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315