Sailing doodles in Syros

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Yannis

Sailing doodles in Syros

Post by Yannis »

There's a channel on Youtube called "sailing doodles" and their recent episode "Mermaids-Saviors to sailors" is filmed right on my island, by my dock, near my house, I recognize every single detail in it, the cars, the people...
If anyone wants to know how we boat in the summer, just take a look at it.

PS: I was recently informed by IMGUR that I have to whitelist them on their ads policy, or else they deny my access to their site. Since I will never whitelist anyone's ad mania, and since dropbox requires a fee, which I will never pay, does anyone know of any other hosting site that doesn't have obnoxious illusions of grandeur or demands a fee, to use from now on? Thanks.
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
Carl

Re: Sailing doodles in Syros

Post by Carl »

https://www.guru99.com/free-photo-hosting.html

Thank, I'll look at the You tube video later
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Carl, look at the next episode too, in Delos and Mykonos.

If I were to film MY experiences on a boat in the summer, I couldn't have done it better.
The scenery the waves the wind, everything, is what we have to ....go through every summer...
Except for the American explanations of historic facts of course, in Delos, which have nothing to do with reality, but its ok..

Thanx for the pic site, Ill see later what I can do with it.
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
Dug

Post by Dug »

Sailing Doodles is a great series. Fun to watch at my desk at lunch. He sure lives the life for sure!! I haven’t gotten to that episode yet but soon! He’s taken the boat in Greece, first episode there.
THESALTYSATO

Post by THESALTYSATO »

A older friend of mine shared with me a documentary somewhat along the the same lines of exploring the waterways but in the USA. It is on Tubi TV which is free.
It was produced about 1990 and called On the Waterways narrated by Jason Robards. It is 13 episodes of about 1 hour each of a trip on the Great Loop. The loop is about 6000 miles but they went 25,000 miles over about a 2.5 year period. The interviewed alot of interesting people they met along the way. After watching it my wife and I have entertained the idea of traveling some of the areas in our 31 Bert as we enjoy cruising . Some of you might enjoy these videos.

https://tubitv.com/tv-shows/500540/s01- ... start=true