Pete’s knees

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Tommy

Pete’s knees

Post by Tommy »

Hi Pete,

I saw your post on Tony’s thread about Miami fishing opportunities, but I did not want to hijack his thread. So, you’ve been through the meat grinder (or I should say the bone grinder) multiple times now. I sure hope you are getting some relief from the pain and that your current knee replacements are serving you well. I still remember hanging around with you, Capt. Patrick and Bruce at the boatyard where they were working on Island Girl (was it Cracker Boy’s Boatyard?). Wow, that was in 2000, so 21 years ago! Anyway, I just wanted to reach out and thank you for all the help you gave me, and that you continue to share on this Board. As a professional marine surveyor of so many years, your knowledge has been invaluable to us here at B-31.com. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank all the rest of you old salts, and young salts, for sharing your wisdom and experiences with the rest of us. Because you guys on this Board try to assist, rather than criticize, it is a pleasure to visit here on a regular basis.

May your current knees give you many years of pain-free, or at least reduced-pain, service!
Dug

Re: Pete’s knees

Post by Dug »

Well said as always Tommy!!!
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

I second that!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
THESALTYSATO

Post by THESALTYSATO »

Pete
All in the sandbox hope you are doing well. I to miss your informative comments. Look forward to hearing you are doing well and there will be no more replacements of replacements. The Lord is good. We all wish you the best.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Pete-
Hoping those new knees give you solid support just as you have given us here in the sandbox.
Sincerely,
Stephan
Possunt quia posse videntur
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

To All,

I called Pete and got his VM, so I'll let everyone know when I hear back from him.

Regarding the post where Pete responded about "fishing", I went back and looked and it was an OLD thread from 2014. Evidently the posting party that "revived" the thread was "website fishing" and was marketing their own website. Not that there is anything nefarious about that, but I assumed it was a current thread and that Pete had made a recent post. Next time, I will note the post date of the thread.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Tommy wrote: Jul 16th, '21, 14:54 Next time, I will note the post date of the thread.
Never a bad time or reason to appreciate one another. It's rare enough in any event.
Be well Tommy and thanks for your contributions here.
Stephan

(Please exempt this post from my Mean Team application)
Possunt quia posse videntur
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Holy necro post Batman !!!!!!

You have to wonder about a charter operator who grabs an old, old post just to advertise if they could find fish to begin with.

I alt, control, deleted the post. Happens again, they will get the ban hammer.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Thanks, Bruce, for dumping that post.

If anyone has a better contact # for Pete, please ring him up and let him know we are thinking and asking about him.

TD
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Hey guys,

I finally caught up with Pete Fallon today and had a great conversation. And where was Pete headed when I caught up with him but to his physical therapist. Pete says his main computer went down and he has trouble logging on to B-31.com on his antiquated backup model. He said that his knee replacements are doing "OK and that the pain is manageable", but that he still sleeps at nights with ice packs on his knees. His doctor stated emphatically "NO MORE" knee replacements for Pete, so he knows he has to make do with the current pair. The good news is that he is able to get out and play 9 holes with his buddies 2-3 times a week. He said to thank everyone on the Board for inquiring, and that he would eventually get back on-line to check in.
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Tommy, and the rest of the sand box.
As Tommy said I am still undergoing PT on my right knee(# 4 on the same knee also 20 surgeries on scar tissue and nerve damage. Its doing better but still have some nagging pain . I had to quite surveying on the orders of my doctor( no climbing ladders or getting into tight confined spaces). Thanks again for all the kind words I miss being a 31 owner but time goes on. My 1961 Express is down in the American Vigins( St Thomas was the last I heard) I hope it made it thru all the Hurricanes they had in the past few years. I am still available for advice on buying and repairing old 31's or any other Bertram model. I have either run or surveyed every model from 20' to 46.6'. I miss the get- to- gether's in Ft Lauderdale. I am still in the Boston area but I hope to get back to Florida this winter. I will try to post more often once I get a new computer up and running.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Good to hear from you Pete!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31