Posting photos

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Matt Shackleton

Posting photos

Post by Matt Shackleton »

Hi, have been trying for an hour or so to get some photos posted - anyone got some very detailed instructions on doing this? I'm using Google Photos as the internet storage site for my photos. But when I click on the [IMG] button, I'm not sure where I paste the URL address, and I can't see where I put the close brackets............
Tony Meola

Re: Posting photos

Post by Tony Meola »

Matt

Not sure how Google works for posting. Most of us use IMGUR. It is a free hosting site. See posting pictures in the topics in the top section of the board.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Google Photos does not support embedding on external sites anymore, that stopped when they changed Picasa to GPhotos.

You can try this

Crop, do limited editing from within Google photos
Download the file(s)
Re-upload to Google Drive
Right-click the file(s), select 'Get Shareable Link', which will be in the format of https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uN8q2 ... LrDfsrJpgv
Substitute, 'https://drive.google.com/open?id=' with 'http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=' & append the unique file name(s)
Now you can use this URL to insert link into a forum posting.

I get a hold of the IT guy and see if there is a fix on here.
ktm_2000

Post by ktm_2000 »

when I post photos from google as Bruce has described I need to use the url tag

the format is similar to below, starting tag your url then /closing tag put brackets around the tag []

url https://something.com /url
Carl

Post by Carl »

FYI- Photobucket is back up and running free again.
kross1

Post by kross1 »

Finally able to post pics.
B28 "NINA PETER SANTA MARIA"
kross1

Post by kross1 »

So happy I'm posting Again. Mine and my dock nabbers 31.
Matt Shackleton

Hi all and thanks for the replies. Can someone please send me the exact line (copy and paste it) that appears when they successfully upload a photo? I have read, re-read, re-read again and then read once more, the instructions but clearly I am too close to it to see what precisely I have to do.
The line I get is like this Image but this doesn't work (I am using Google photos but one of the guys on the forum I am talking to is sending his photos using it so it must work??)
Thanks.
Matt Shackleton

Thanks KTM. Do you mean like this?

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipM ... no4Ygh82hs][/img]

when I post photos from google as Bruce has described I need to use the url tag

the format is similar to below, starting tag your url then /closing tag put brackets around the tag []

url https://something.com /url
Matt Shackleton

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Kross,

Is this a new flag version? Never seen it before (but then again, Im not american)
I love your chairs but they dont fold, or do they?...I think folding chairs are more practical to cary around. You fold them and stack them face down on the deck sides, strapped with a bungee cord, you pull them out a bit and have access to the storage space under the gunnel.
What happened to your rear windows?
Peter is for Pinta? Nice wording!
Look how low your engines sit, compared to the 31. The 28 is a master example of usage of space...not so much inside, but if you care to work on it, even the inside can become habitable.
Beautiful and generous swim platform!
Also, is that webber a gas or coal one?
Enjoy!
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
John Swick

Post by John Swick »

"Look how low your engines sit, compared to the 31. The 28 is a master example of usage of space..."
Some might see a ridiculous hump you have to climb over every time you want to get to the cabin.
Ass draggin' hyena boat.... :wink:
1971 31' Bahia Mar hull# 316-1035
kross1

Post by kross1 »

Yannis
Flag is Firefighter flag. I have original bill of sale, no bathroom just head in v-birth, no second station, no windows. Interior is a little more open with no bath. Chairs were cheep from target but will not be used again as they are rusting. The name is my daughter Nina son Peter I must be Santa and wife Maria.The 31 next to me is 1966.
Thanks
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

John,
Somebody sometime coined this hyena epithet, I assure you though that when you put enough power into it, this hyena stance turns into more like a dart!
As for the ridiculous hump you’re right, its a bit stupid to have to go up before you go down again, but, look at Kross’s pic, you can even put a chair+cooler up there and extend your deck considerably. Or, as I have done, put a double cushion with backrest on the side without the ladder where two people can comfortably relax while you travel, given that this is a super dry boat you dont get wet even by mist, look at the pic of the 31 with the skirts on the sides.

Kross,
I had the same problem with my aluminum ikea folding chairs, they were rusting ...the rivets were, so I went out and bought new SS rivets and I am now changing the rusty rivets. Its all good now.
The webber? Is it coal or gas?
Carl

Post by Carl »

Yannis wrote:Look how low your engines sit, compared to the 31. The 28 is a master example of usage of space...
John Swick wrote: Some might see a ridiculous hump you have to climb over every time you want to get to the cabin.
Ass draggin' hyena boat.... :wink:

How about just a ridiculous hump...

-to low to sit on comfortably
-plenty high to trip over
-takes up half the cockpit, if that's what you want to call it.

-sure you can stow your cooler up on that there hump...so it can slide off when running Ass draggin' hyena style.
-or so you can trip on it everytime you want a cold beverage.

I guess that hump is good so you can trip headfirst right into that cabin...guess it's one way to get in there without hitting your head on the ceiling trying to make your way in.

Now the 31...those motor box's are the perfect height to sit on. Which is good thing, because after walking the length of the 31's huge cockpit...people need a place to sit and catch their breath.

Also those box's are a great place to store a couple huge coolers. And on a 31, they won't move around as the boat runs level, just like a boat should.

Remember, with a 28 your welcome here, but this is still a 31 forum. You know, the best boat ever built!

:wink:

Yo'fren

LOL...boy I can make myself laugh
kross1

Post by kross1 »

What about short Video ?
kross1

Post by kross1 »

Yannis
Sorry for the delay . Weber gas grill.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Yannis

As an FYI

Old UV gave the 28 the moniker of Hyena Boat.

UV sure could stir the pot. He and others are sorely missed and it is because of people like him that we are all still here.

Now you should of seen how tortured Timmy aka Thudd.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
John Swick

Post by John Swick »

Yannis,

I'm just bustin' your chops.
I believe it was the most revered Uncle Vic that coined the phrase: ass dragin' hyena boat.
He never failed to educate and entertain.
And from time to time, members of the sandbox that have been around long enough, will throw out a phrase or quote from Vic's play book.

I've fished both the 28 and the 31.
They're both very small boats in a big ocean/sea/gulf.
If you stand in the cockpit of either boat in rough seas for long.....eventually you're going to get wet.
They both have their idiosyncrasies.
I wouldn't care to stay/sleep aboard either for more than a weekend.
I personally prefer the similar sized Bertrams that Hunt designed over the Napier designed.
ie the 25 over the 26 and the 31 over the 28.
But we's all God's children.
There are better, faster, more stable, AND much more expensive boats built today that probably won't be around half as long.

Best Regards,
John
1971 31' Bahia Mar hull# 316-1035
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Thank you John, Kross, Tony.

Carl, please give it to me in smaller rations, because I'm now trying to recover from almost falling off from my chair LOL !! Your description of a marathon runner from the aft part of the 31 deck to the engine boxes was, among other things, too hilarious!!

I cannot criticize the views of UV about the 28. However, we should perhaps agree to decipher the meaning of "...this is a 31 site", as not per its meaning per se, otherwise there is no point for any non 31er to even try to participate on equal terms.

A few points to make things straight:

It is well understood, and if you ask me this is entirely justifiable, that there is a degree of jealousy of some 31 owners, towards us 28ers.
Whether it be that the 28 is a relatively newer and better design by the man who designed most subsequent Bertram models, with a truly deep, actually a bit deeper V than the 31, with a ride so dry that almost makes for a tuxedo outfit during a ride in gale conditions a viable alternative to the sailing jacket (!), or, just because this very design was so popular that it outsold all other Bertram models in history, could be credible reasons for such a behavior.

Or, perhaps, it is the vast (for its size) deck space, which although it is elevated at its fwd part, it offers a huge space for any conceivable activity, fishing being just one of them,

Or, even, its monstrous cabin space that allows for even NBA players to stand straight and still have room to jump without hitting the ceiling, or, better yet, a lot of 4 of them to be able to sleep in like 4 star hotel conditions in its plush and magnanimously sized beds, while being able to enter and exit the cabin without the fear of decapitation, are possibly a few more reasons.

Please add to the above the perfectly horizontal ride, nothing like the hyena description, such that even if a marble is placed in the middle of the cockpit it will still be found at its initial position even after a long strenuous ride, or, the unexpectedly spacious bridge that can happily accommodate three, if not four, voluminous males not only in incomparable comfort but also keep them dry, the smile on their face upon docking being the proof of it, all these add up towards justifying the said behavior.

The list is endless, and anyone of the thousands of the happy 28 owners is welcome to add to it.
The mere fact that another boat, I think the 31(!), introduced the deep V hull shape, is of course a positive historical fact for the 31, but just like many other things in history, it has been successfully copied, generously improved and produced results far better than the original, as is the case of the 28.

The above are only some of the reasons this jealousy is still lurking among the Bertram community, but also among other boat makers' populations, so that each and every time such claims as "...the best boat ever built" and similar anecdotes, just bring a wide smile on our face and makes us become more aware that what we own is not a boat that claims, rather a boat that delivers!!!
Carl

Post by Carl »

Yannis wrote:
Carl, please give it to me in smaller rations, because I'm now trying to recover from almost falling off from my chair LOL !! Your description of a marathon runner from the aft part of the 31 deck to the engine boxes was, among other things, too hilarious!!
That was the entire meaning of the post...to give a little rib with hopes to entice a laugh.
Yannis wrote: I cannot criticize the views of UV about the 28. However, we should perhaps agree to decipher the meaning of "...this is a 31 site", as not per its meaning per se, otherwise there is no point for any non 31er to even try to participate on equal terms.
"this is a 31 site" a gentle ribbing.
Although we 31'ers do have a better boat and a much better site...there I go again.

As a member yourself, you know all are welcomed, even those without Bertrams...even the Hatteras owners.
Although that last one sends shivers down my spine.

Yannis wrote: .....the above are only some of the reasons this jealousy is still lurking among the Bertram community, but also among other boat makers' populations, so that each and every time such claims as "...the best boat ever built" and similar anecdotes, just bring a wide smile on our face and makes us become more aware that what we own

- - is not a boat that claims, rather a boat that delivers!!!- -

LOL...great come back Yannis!

...even from an Ass' draggin, hyena boat owner hanging out on a 31 site.

I don't think UV held those views but was just a way to poke the fire, having fun with his friends. Just some of his terms gained traction..."hyena boat" was definitely one of them.
Carl

Post by Carl »

kross1 wrote:Finally able to post pics.

Great looking boat in great shape!
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Carl,
I wrote all this just to make sure that as us, the non 31ers, are being constantly...ribbed/manipulated/tortured by you guys, similarly you 31ers could perhaps tolerate some ribbing from us. Now, if in the process we can also laugh, it’s all the better, I think it’s not a bad thing.

Oh, by the way, we’re hanging out on the B31 site because being so numerous we don’t need a site of our own, we’re everywhere!

Jokes aside, Hatteras’s have an excellent reputation, like Bertrams, at least for those few who know them, over here. The problem is that Hatteras (as well as Chris Craft, as also the Whalers) are simply not at all suitable for our seas...we have a tall narrow chop that if youre not equiped with a really deep V you crack your back and ruin the boat. And by tall I mean really tall, by narrow I mean really narrow!
Perhaps those big Hatteras, like that 55 or so I saw this summer, are big enough to flatten out that chop and ride well, or anyway better, but until that boat size, hmmm, not much success I’m afraid. Instead, in my yard alone, there are two 28’s, two or three 31’s, a 33, another wrecked 31, a 42, two 54’s, and if you spend some time around perhaps you’ll find more.
Carl

Post by Carl »

I not only tolerate some ribbing, I welcome it!

Hatteras...I grew up on a 28 Hatteras a great boat for sure...at least for a Hatteras.

Big cockpit, big spacious well laid out cabin but they do have issues in steep chop.
Both great boats if caught out in bad weather.
capy

Post by capy »

I havent been around in years.....

The only guy's recognize are Bruce and Tony.
This is BERTRAM 31 site, the best damn boat ever built.....all are welcome... but it was created so we wouldnt have to here nonsense from lesser models
The B31 is like a curvy and sexy like a ferrai or 55 chevy.
The B28 is butt ugly like a hyena draggin his ass across the aground :-D more akin to an edsel or a studebaker.

Uncle vic must be fit to be tied up in heaven ....I'd watch out that he doesnt strike you down with a bolt of lightining, for such blasphemy!!

The deep vee of 28 is 23 degrees...it is not deeper than a 31 which is 24 degrees, that myth was started by david pascoe's surveying site and it is just not true.

Capy the shocked :o
1961 Sportfish Hull# 5-35
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

where the hell you been capy
hope all is well
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Marshall Mahoney

Post by Marshall Mahoney »

test pic -- Cabo 2014
[img]https://i.imgur.com/MzCHsiO.jpg[/img]
[url][img]https://i.imgur.com/MzCHsiO.jpg[/img][/url]
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i am not sure of the misconception here. the engine box on a 31 is the best part of the cockpit design !!!! a very safe place to sit (on cushions of course) going to the offshore fishing grounds . TRUST ME you are not sitting on no folding chairs going out that inlet nor would i allow it.Best idea i could possibly imagine for SAFE seating.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

There is no misconception Bob, just some ribbing.
And while we're at it, please check the superior engine space of the 28!

Room for two fat people to relax, with inclined backrest cushion attached to the bottom cushions (3 cushions are connected) so they don't slide away but are also easy to transport by folding, no fear of falling off as there's nowhere to fall, and the major plus being that guests arrive DRY no matter what the weather, no need for side curtains as perhaps in other boats...

If you also add to this the extra amenity that is currently under construction - the mini bar - to the starboard, where drinks, ice and room for resting your glasses will be amply provided (bottle rack not ready yet), all in a pure teak environment, then you could perhaps admit the luxury on a 28 engine is unsurpassed!!

two pics
https://imgur.com/a/jr6UUJ9