swim deck/supports on a 28

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

ford351c594

swim deck/supports on a 28

Post by ford351c594 »

any one have some close up pictures of the 4 supports that hold up the swim deck. I took my swim deck off, rebuilt the the back foot of it with new teak, and just for some contrast made the 4 mounting blocks out of mahogany and was making 4 new uprights out of stainless when I realized one is twisted at one end. Not sure if I did this removing it, or it was supposed to be like that. I can't really see a good reason for it to be like that. I'd love to post some pictures, but I am unsure of how to now?
Ryan Randall
73 B28 flybridge
"smart people learn from their mistakes, the smartest people learn from others and their mistakes"
Yannis

Re: swim deck/supports on a 28

Post by Yannis »

Ryan,
I cannot post pics, I can describe however my setup.
My swim platform is bolted on a SS tube frame that runs the platform's circumference underneath it.
This frame is inturn bolted onto the stern. As you see it from inside the boat, the two through bolts per side are right above the little step that appears right aft of the removable deck, where it meets the stern.
Then this frame is supported externally with 3, not 4, SS tubes that are welded under the frame's rear and onto the boat, well under the water line with through bolts too.
These 3 supporting tubes are straight and there is nothing angular to them, except perhaps for the round flange which is welded at their bottom at an angle that is dictated by the stern.
I will have to see how to post pics now that photobucket is no more available. As I'm in no way a computer freak, I should wait for someone else to do that first and instruct the rest of us on the procedure...
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"