I'm back

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JimmyG

I'm back

Post by JimmyG »

Well it's was a eventful winter to say the least kids moving out, wedding plans going awry and pops having two strokes the last one a major one but i'm glad to say he is home and doing as well as can be expected. Thank you again for the support! After the dust settled I was able to get the boat wet after the winds settled (5 weekends of NE winds) I finally got offshore Mako fishing and I have a new toy (don't expect it to last long) A drone! Its easy to take off and fly landing on a boat is a whole other story. here is a video of our trip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9ZDAgjjm2w&t=34s
Tony Meola

Re: I'm back

Post by Tony Meola »

Jimmy

Great shots.

Sorry to hear that your father is struggling. It is tough when a parent is ill. He is in our prayers.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
RAWicklund

Post by RAWicklund »

Nice video Jimmy and glad to hear your dads back home....
..just to add a stupid drone story. My buddy bought himself an $1100 drone 4 months back and even bought the high dollar insurance to go with it.......BUT... You have to have the carcass for an insurance claim. 1st flight out of the box at the marina, he started getting confident about his piloting skills. He flew low down the canal right into the side of a boat and into the water.....sank before he had a chance to get close....no carcass... No insurance....whoops.

Ray
1971 Sportfish 314 49 1103
1994 B28 BERF2720L394
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

RAWicklund wrote:He flew low down the canal right into the side of a boat and into the water.....sank before he had a chance to get close....no carcass... No insurance....whoops.
Time for some diving... Having said that, instead of paying for insurance I would have gone for a water resistant version (they do exists)...
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

JimmyG wrote:here is a video of our trip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9ZDAgjjm2w&t=34s
Great video... I never knew sharks were such ferocious jumpers... What do you shoot them with?!... A slug?!...
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Question: Are sharks edible? What do you kill them for? Thanks.
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
RAWicklund

Post by RAWicklund »

Mako steaks are delicious.......
1971 Sportfish 314 49 1103
1994 B28 BERF2720L394
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Thanks. Never seen a mako. Or any shark for that matter...
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Jimmy-
Welcome back and thanks for sharing this.
I'm told to triple check that the auto land is set to return to controller and not departure point and all will be well. No insurance just makes for focused pilots!
After that air show and fight I'm glad I was not he undertaker - afraid I'd hit the leader and not its noggin.
Kind regards,
Stephan

Possunt quia posse videntur
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

Great video... I never knew sharks were such ferocious jumpers... What do you shoot them with?!... A slug?!...[/quote]
Thanks, I just use low brass 6 shot, the concussion kills them I usually don't shoot them until its harpooned or fly gaffed
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

Yannis wrote:Question: Are sharks edible? What do you kill them for? Thanks.
Ate him tonight lol they are delicious on the grill just like swordfish or tuna, you are only aloud 1 per trip and there is a length requirement, highly regulated
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

Stephan wrote:Jimmy-
Welcome back and thanks for sharing this.
I'm told to triple check that the auto land is set to return to controller and not departure point and all will be well. No insurance just makes for focused pilots!
After that air show and fight I'm glad I was not he undertaker - afraid I'd hit the leader and not its noggin.
Kind regards,
Stephan

Unfortunately it doesn't have that option on the Mavic Pro it only returns to where it takes off from
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Thank you Jimmy.
I hope it wasn't one that Keith has already marked !! Or else he might think that his GPS tracker is seriously off. Or that the fish had temperature. Very high temperature !!