Trailer Height

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

cariedl

Trailer Height

Post by cariedl »

Thank you to all of you who responded to my previous post about the boat on Long Island. I continue to negotiate price and we have come to a tentative agreement, pending an inspection and finalized quote for shipping. One thing I was hoping someone here might be able to answer is the exact height of the Sport Fish, with the factory windscreen. I scoured the board and understand height to be somewhere around 13' and also learned the max height allowed by DOT is 13'6. I assume that those who have moved a boat any distance have either removed the bridge or used a lowboy trailer. I am trying to figure out if I can get the boat here without having to remove the bridge.

Thanks,
Charlie
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Re: Trailer Height

Post by CaptPatrick »

Charlie,

Hire a low boy transport and you'll only need to remove the bridge windscreen and radar antenna. I'd also recommend removing the props...
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Along with Pats, make sure the shipper ties the boat to the trailer. I know it should be a no brainer but.......
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

Charlie
do you have a transporter yet
in the area
1968 hull # 316 - 757
cariedl

Post by cariedl »

Charlie - I do not. I talked to ShipBottom yesterday, who gave me a quote but referred me to Lighthouse Boat Transport on L.I. I called an left a message but have not heard back. I would welcome any referrals. A few of the haulers I spoke with yesterday suggested that the entire bridge needed to be removed before moving to OH.

Thanks,
Charlie
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

cariedl wrote:A few of the haulers I spoke with yesterday suggested that the entire bridge needed to be removed before moving to OH.
Maybe they're thinking that SF (Sport Fisher) means FB (Fly Bridge)?!... As long as your total height (boat ON trailer) is equal or less then the top of a container on a trailer (about 12-13') you're good to go...
Last edited by Navatech on Jun 22nd, '16, 01:45, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

Charlie
give my friend tommy a call
mention my name
631 774 1576
he moved my boat twice
best of luck
1968 hull # 316 - 757