Best replacement of fuzzie and plastic in window channels

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

ed c.

Best replacement of fuzzie and plastic in window channels

Post by ed c. »

After much researching I have decided that the best is Beckson Ch-1 marine grade flex. It has a raised center piece the glass rides on and is nice and snug yet moves the glass nicely. It is sold by a lot of companies. West marine the most expensive , Defender Ind. and Mesco. Prices are $20 to $33 per 8' length. You need 4 lengths for each frame.
jackryan

Re: Best replacement of fuzzie and plastic in window channel

Post by jackryan »

Ed,

Can you share info/pictures on how to remove and replace the old window channels.

Thanks,

JR
ed c.

Re: Best replacement of fuzzie and plastic in window channel

Post by ed c. »

There is plenty of info on this site in the archives to remove the windows. Basically there are some small screws in the bottom of the track which you can locate using a small flathead screwdriver and maybe 2 on the front end and about 2 on the topside and only a couple at the rear of the stern window. There are 4 screws holding the frame together at the top front and they are holding a small alum. clip that binds them together. You have to cut the putty sealant to remove the frame or just to remove the windows. After you have all the screws out , push the window out enough that you can slide the windows out. This is a 2 man job. you want to replace the fuzzies and plastic you must clean it all out, we made a small hook attachment. The plastic slider I mentioned slides right in and is very supple. I was surprised how easy it was. Good Luck