Anyone attending the Bertram event in Maine in May?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

moguls2go

Anyone attending the Bertram event in Maine in May?

Post by moguls2go »

Hi Guys-

Is anyone planning on making the trip to Lyman Morse here in a few weeks? We're thinking about making the drive up and wondered if we would be lucky enough to meet anyone up there.

Max
Max
Pete Fallon

Re: Anyone attending the Bertram event in Maine in May?

Post by Pete Fallon »

Max,
I am planning to drive up from Peabody, Ma on Friday, depends on how my knee is doing wether I stay over night. Sounds like a good take. My cell is 561-310-7179, where are you coming from?
Pete
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
moguls2go

Post by moguls2go »

Hey Pete- we're coming from Portsmouth, NH. We're 50/50 at the moment... depends on our ability to get child care for a day or two. I'll give you a ring if we make the trip!
Max
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

moguls2go wrote:depends on our ability to get child care for a day or two. I'll give you a ring if we make the trip!
Isn't that what grandparents are for?!...
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

I had said that I would attend, BUT, I'm in the midst of major dental work (extractions, implants, root canal work, bridges, etc) and can't fly.
Also (for next time), please don't just give us a 20 days' notice. For those of us who are 10k miles away, we need more time to buy tickets (cheaper), arrange things, etc.
I wish all participants a nice weekend up in Maine; please post pics !!
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Moguls2go,
I was planning to go to the Bertram sneak peak on Friday but I have been sick as a dog since last Saturday, I'm finally starting to feel a little better this evening but doctor says no traveling. Hopefully someone will take some pictures and post them on the bulletin board.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
bsmart

Post by bsmart »

I went up and they are doing a great job... They asked us not to take any pics because certain things where only at a partial state or semi staged so we could climb on and get a feel....they had Hull 1 with the engines in and Exhaust roughly 90% complete... and Hull 2 with the super structure on top and a 3d Mockup in a foam material of the helm...the boat is fantastic.

Its very much the Cockpit feel of the 31 but beamier with the Coming pads hitting your leg in the same place as a 33 or (original) 35. I really liked, and what i love about my 31, is the feel in the cockpit and flow of view (and i am short), to, through and around the fly bridge...Unlike larger Sportfish where you are just staring at a solid bulkhead (when your relaxing in the cabin your only view is Aft or to the sides only) the New 35 feels like the 31 and for my Wife and Kids that don't always want to be at the helm this will be appreciated.

What i liked the most was the people behind the new Bertram. This Bertram team, you can see them listed on the website, plus the addition of the CEO Peter Truslow is great. It is as if the showy fancy suit-wearing C-Suite of execs got out of the way of the people that actually do the work. And at all the layers, from production to the product development to the marketing I think they are going to have huge success. They actively solicited ideas and listened to those of us that are simply prior Bertram owners with the same intensity that they listened to the guys writing checks (hopefully at some point i can be in both those categories). I had bumped into Peter while running the morning after the event and this lead to an 1.5 hour coffee session were he described a conversation with Morgan Bertram about his Dads passion and focus on performance and quality. The sportfishing and or family boating was really simply a bi-product of that focus. I feel like that passion is back....
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Bob,

Thanks for sharing your experiences at the showing! Gauging from your response it looks like we have a lot to look forward to...
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

I really hope this is a home run for them. From the pictures, it should be s big hit on looks alone. If she runs the way they anticipate it should be a big win.

The big question is, can they compete at this size against the CC's withe 3outboards hanging off the back.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315