New Bertram 58 based on the 54

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Pete Fallon

New Bertram 58 based on the 54

Post by Pete Fallon »

Faithful,
I got an e-mail from Tommy Thompson at Bertram this AM they are going to build a 58' Bertram based on the old 54 battlewagon. I hope they don't start making too many models right off the bat. I can see them trying to expand the market share to compete with Ocean, Viking and others in the big boat market. If your not on the Bertram web site insider you should sign up it's free. Good luck with both new models, IMHO don't go to fast. I am planning to go up to Maine to see the new 35 the weekend of Mother's Day it's only a 3 hour ride from my house in Massachusetts.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Tommy

Re: New Bertram 58 based on the 54

Post by Tommy »

Thanks Pete; I look forward to getting your first-hand report. When do you get your new knee?
wmachovina

Post by wmachovina »

Thread drift alert, Pete you doing surveys yet in Fla? Need one this summer,, Bill
Bill
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Bill W & Tommy,
I am still waiting for the new prosthesis to be built by Biomet Zimmer & Biomet who merged last fall and nothing is being built at this time. I am going to be in Massachusetts for the next 2 years at least. I am doing very few surveys because I can't climb around very good with the crutches. I will keep you up dated on the new 35.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Pete,
I was up in NH mid February. Least amount of snow I have ever seen. Arrived on the coldest days of the year and within two days it was over 40. Skiing sucked, especially since the first day on the slopes resulted in the bride tearing her ACL. It was our second run. She is getting rebuilt next month.
None of the kids including my little one had ever seen snow before so they did some sledding and had a blast.
Hopefully your winter was more enjoyable than last year. Getting awfully warm down here, I might start freediving before May. Also looking forward to getting the roads back. Seems like it is closed once a week due to wreck. Need a plane.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Kevin: I just saw a segment on the nightly news about a new procedure using a piece of kevlar that greatly reduces recovery time on ACL tears.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31