Happy Birthday Bertram31.com

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Happy Birthday Bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Tomorrow, (Nov 25), will mark the 16th year that bertram31.com has been online!

Couldn't have done it without our great membership. Thanks!

Best regards,

Patrick
neil

Re: Happy Birthday Bertram31.com

Post by neil »

Capt pat we can't thank you enough for starting it,we as a family have met some lifelong freinds here in your little sand box
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

happy birthday to all
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

What a great site! Happy Birthday!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Joseph Fikentscher

Post by Joseph Fikentscher »

Thanks Capt' Pat!! Great day for a Birthday!

Also, to all, wishes for a happy and safe Thanksgiving.
Sea Hunt Triton 207, a step down, but having fun till my next Bertram!

[url]https://www.instagram.com/endurance_ber ... hl=en/[url]
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

I'm pretty sure the 16th anniversary is tequila...?
Thanks Capt. Pat
S
Possunt quia posse videntur
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Capt Pat,
You have come a long way from the 2 bay shop in Riviera Beach, Happy Birthday
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Congrats Captain Pat. What a wonderful place you have created for us!
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Happy sweet 16 Bertram 31.com!!! To Capt. Pat thank you for assembling the sandbox for the rest of us...met some of the greatest people here and have made friendships that stand the test of time just like our 31s. BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Congratulations

Funny, the other day I came across a print out of a couple of threads I did way back when. The website address was pre Bertram 31.com. Man time goes by fast.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

all i could say is time flys .i purchase my boat Dec.1999 and stated reading the posts every day .thank you for all you have taught me and most of all "the brotherhood" between our members and our brother looking down from the Bertram club above. RIP. departed brothers
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
John F.

Post by John F. »

Thanks Capt. Patrick and all the members here who I've learned so much from and been entertained by over the years. The best site ever. A little painful to remember those that have come and gone. I hope to meet more of you in the future.

John F.
1968 B20 Moppie - Hull # 201-937
1969 B31 FBC - Hull # 315-881 (sold)
1977 B31 FBC - Hull # BERG1652M77J
Dug

Post by Dug »

Wow... 16 years. Amazing. I have so many memories attributed to this group. Rendezvous out on Block, Montauk, and greenport. Wow we did a whiz banger up at the Montauk Yacht club one year. I think we had 300 people at dinner, and one guy brought his 31' and his 60'!!!! UV came from Louisiana to that one and to Newport.
We've lost some of the most amazing people I have known, UV, Walter, Sonny, and the guy on LI who put the custom race engines in his boat and then said they were easy to run. Good times...
Billy Joel bought a 31', restored her and sold her during the time this site has been up.
So many lifelong friends, Thudd, Tailhook Tom, John Maglio, Mike O., Tommy Drake, Bruce,, Capy, John F. ,oh the list goes on so long, and I am so fortunate for that, and of course you Patrick. Thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you again. I have such a beautiful boat and so much better of an understanding of how she works due to everyone here and due to you Patrick.
16 years just amazes me. I bought mine in 1996/97, and she has brought me joy. She has supported me through heartaches. She has given me life and a place to hide when I needed too. So many memories, and so many more to come with my 6 month old daughter who doesn'te even know how good she's got it yet.
I will always remember the day I found the site. Good find. And so many more years of comraderie, and friendship. I wish for everyone here to know how grateful I am.
Dug

Post by Dug »

First you make a roux...
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Bring back the mechanical board!

On wait. Never mind.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Dug wrote:the guy on LI who put the custom race engines in his boat and then said they were easy to run.

Pat Paneta
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Congrats to you Captain Pat for having such a good idea (developing this website) and implementing it so well.

16 years is testament of your success.

Good job and happy birthday to Berteram31.com

hb
hb
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

As with Bob Lico the timing was perfect for me as well. Capt. Patrick fired up B-31.com at about the same time I decided to do a diesel conversion on Island Girl. I connected with Pat who introduced me to Bruce; next came the trip to Ft Lauderdale for the Boat Show where I met a bunch of you guys, bought engines, and later delivered my 31 into the hands of Pat and Bruce with nothing but handshakes and optimism. As you guys know, it could not have turned out better. Thanks for all the good times Capt. Pat, and happy birthday Bertram31.com!
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

I have often tried to describe this forum to friends, but words simply do not relay the feelings I have for this board and it's members. All great guys, and everyone willing to help everyone else. The knowledge residing in the members here is impossible to describe, and impossible to find anywhere else. I have never seen a question asked here that hasn't been answered by someone knowledgeable. I have never seem anyone criticize or show disrespect to anyone else, even though we are all individuals with our own outlooks, agendas and political persuasions. It is truly a brotherhood.. brought together under one roof by Captain Patrick.

When I first came here I was concerned that I might be less than wholeheartedly welcomed since I have never owned a B31. How far from the truth I was. As I told Captain Patrick a long time ago, there are countless techniques and comments from this board residing in the bones of my "Phoenix".. and she is much the better because of all of you here.

Thank you Captain Patrick! And, thank you all!
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Thank you for all you do. I greatly appreciate all the information and camaraderie from this site.
Thanks for keeping it going for so long and providing such invaluable information.
Steve Marinak
Duchess - 1973 Sportfisherman
my other east

Post by my other east »

Happy birthday Bertram31.com!!!
I want to thank Capt. Patrick, Bruce, and Mr. Mean, for allowing me to play in this awesome sandbox.
This forum, is a walking, talking, and breathing, owners's manual for all lovers of the Bertram art.
Thank you.
Eric Vincent
1974 31 FBC hull # 315-1442
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Thnx Captain for all your efforts and knowledge I've gotten so much from you and the many other members who graciously share their experiences and tips I haven't been around much lately but still have the bug. Just picked up my fourth Bertram yesterday 73 25' convertible. Congrats many more healthy happy years to all
Mitch
tunawish

Post by tunawish »

A little late to the party but Congrats Capt. Pat..!!!

Happy Birthday to B31 and the whole crew of guys on here that come along with it.....

Ray
gplume

Post by gplume »

Also a little late also. Have been on line since the early days, though perhaps not so active..this site always gave me inspiration for when i finally got my 31 in 2005. Also thanks to the many friends made thru the sandbox and the many rendevous. When it comes to boats, by far the most knowlegable bunch of guys on the web. (I can say that from experience.....the trawler sites i have been checking out can't hold a candle to this colective crew.)

Patrick==> Keep up the good work to keep this site running...and happy sweet 16.
Giff
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

I'm late by a month on this thread, but what the heck.

Happy Birthday and Thanks for the work Capt. Pat. I found this site sometime in about 2000 when I bought a Bertram 25. Have enjoyed this sandbox since that time.

Bruce, Hell yes bring back the mechanical board! I think you closed up shop on the mechanical board shortly after I started following along the Bertram31 board. If I remember right I think I found the Bertram board through your old mechanical board.

Again, thanks for the effort in keeping this up for so long. I don't post up a lot, but I've made some really good friends, and met some great folks due to this site.

Best Regards,

Danny