help with outrigger parts

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Todd Pearce

help with outrigger parts

Post by Todd Pearce »

hi, i need help identifying which brand of outriggers these are from ? my boat arrived minus its outriggers and i would like to try and find the original type to put back on the boat

Last edited by Todd Pearce on Nov 7th, '15, 20:16, edited 1 time in total.
1962 31

Re: help with outrigger parts

Post by 1962 31 »

Look alot like mine and they are Rupp
Todd Pearce

Post by Todd Pearce »

thanks for that, Any body know what style and size rupps the B42s had as standard?
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Todd Pearce wrote:thanks for that, Any body know what style and size rupps the B42s had as standard?
1st, I'll second 1962 31's statement that these parts look like Rupp parts... That's what I have on my boat and these look identical... You could try contacting Rupp as they keep detailed records... They might be able to tell you exactly what you had on your boat based on the HIN... Assuming these weren't taught used and DIY installed...

As an aside, outriggers were not standard... They were an option... And one could chose between double and triple expanders...
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

Rupp
Port Salerno, Florida
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Todd,
Contact Rupp Out Riggers 4761 Anchor Ave Port Salerno Fl 34992 (Stuart Fl) ask for Ron Karpanty He should be able to help you. And yes they are Rupp out rigger parts that came with your boat.
Pete fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Todd Pearce

Post by Todd Pearce »

Pete, i was hoping you'd chime in, i new you would know, ill ring him tomorrow, many thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge so freely
wmachovina

Post by wmachovina »

Look on all the parts for serial numbers. Rupp keeps records of all their installations with Ssn. For replacement parts.
Bill
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

wmachovina wrote:Look on all the parts for serial numbers. Rupp keeps records of all their installations with Ssn. For replacement parts.
AFAIK the serial number is only located on main part of the outrigger... Having said that, if you do find a serial number that will be most helpful... But, Rupp have problems with records (and supporting products) from before the mid 80's... The information is spotty and the products have been phased out decades ago...