B31 mention/pic in Power and Motoryacht magazine

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

IRGuy

B31 mention/pic in Power and Motoryacht magazine

Post by IRGuy »

For those of you who haven't seen it, the October issue of "Power and Motoryacht" magazine has an article on the prettiest boats ever built, and on page 104 they show a pic and mention the B31, saying they "are a tad wet" (gee, I never heard that before), and are included because of their "sweet profile and simplicity".
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Pete Fallon

Re: B31 mention/pic in Power and Motoryacht magazine

Post by Pete Fallon »

IR Guy,
They also blasted the owner of that boat for the car port style hard top, that boat looks like one of the Tropic Star Lodge boats. I have gotten wetter on some high priced battlewagons I have surveyed over the years, than on a 31 Bertram. If anyone has had an experience of running or riding in a 31 Express Crui8ser model like I had for 37 years, that big windshield and Navy top kept me dry in the worst conditions, most of the water came in around the gaps near the snaps and windshield wipers. I have taken green water over the entire forward se3ction of the boat, the guys in the cockpit got wet but I was under the Navy top, with hardly a drop on me.
Pete Fallon
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i have no idea what a " tad wet" means. perhaps this year i will get a ride on a wet 31 bertram.i know for a fact mine is drier then a 45' cabo and the newer 36'.pretty easy to figure out a wet 31 condition.at cruise the water under the boat must break under the pillar and the water will break 2' in back of transom and if lightweight engine is used water will break under windshield area and water will break into cockpit. balance is not rocket science.lift boat in travel lift with one strap under centerline of main bulkhead on sedan,fbc,express and 6" forward of engines on Bahia mar centerline 6" off the water and stern should still be in water if bow is in water you have your work cut out for you .
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
wmachovina

Post by wmachovina »

I've been on cat #1 on the Saratoga and had green water come over the bow just before the Cat officer touched the deck. A wee bit wet. J79s don't care. Any boat can be wet, it's just how you handle it.
Bill
Chanse

Post by Chanse »

Some thirsty "Can's" coming along side, getting a "Tad Wet".
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Wow, you really need the slack in the fuel line in those conditions!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Chanse

Post by Chanse »

Yes, Rawleigh but to much and a wave grabs em' and then a oil slick appears from nowhere that no one knows anything about.

We get thirsty, and get roadside side service from an AO. There always a tad wet also.