A10 flyover

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Kevin

A10 flyover

Post by Kevin »

Wish I could have snapped a picture but I was too slow. I have never seen one down here before but it was really cool to see. Just happened to walk to the window to check the boat and heard something I did not recognize. There it was at about 500 feet screaming by, the venerable A10 that our infinitely wise people in charge are trying to retire in order to "save money." It was nice to see and made me feel all warm and fuzzy. Long live the A10.
wmachovina

Re: A10 flyover

Post by wmachovina »

Saw the same A10 flyover at the islamorada sandbar while out with mama on the whaler. When I flew F4s out iof homestead we used to sightsee the keys a lot. Had a low level that went down Hawks channel to a range,, "patti target" just outside of the marquesas. Fun
Bill
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

The A-10 is awesome! I love the gun.
http://vid186.photobucket.com/albums/x1 ... 7lcbmz.mp4
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

MarkS wrote:I love the gun.
I've been told that plane actually slows down due to the recoil of the beast...

I've been close up and personal next to a Phalanx CWIS (similar Gatling type gun in 20mm as opposed to the A-10's 30mm gun) when it was fired... Sounds like a long and loud fart...
Last edited by Navatech on Aug 10th, '15, 12:18, edited 1 time in total.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

They fly over here all the time out of Patuxent Maryland. The Garrett turbofans have a unique whine. They were going to retire them when Desert Storm brewed up too and they turned out to be one of our best assets.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31