Seachele lost

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

wmachovina

Seachele lost

Post by wmachovina »

Talking to a Captain down here ( Islamorada) said the surveyor that did the survey for Seachele when I sold her to some Venezuelan guy, said she burned up or sank. Gone. Devastating, such a beautiful wonderful boat. Trying to get details, thought someone here may know something. Sad day. Bill Machovina
Bill
Navatech

Re: Seachele lost

Post by Navatech »

wmachovina wrote:Talking to a Captain down here ( Islamorada) said the surveyor that did the survey for Seachele when I sold her to some Venezuelan guy, said she burned up or sank. Gone. Devastating, such a beautiful wonderful boat. Trying to get details, thought someone here may know something. Sad day. Bill Machovina
Don't believe any old rumor just because it comes from a trusted source... His/her upstream source might be less then accurate... Not until you have been able to verify the rumor...
Olivier
Standing Member

Post by Olivier »

Yes 100% agree
1972 BERTRAM 31 hull number NJZ594940686
jackryan

Post by jackryan »

Hi Bill, I hope the rumors are wrong. Hate to loose any of these beauties. If you can figure out how, post a few pics of Seachele for us.

JR
wmachovina

Post by wmachovina »

[url=http://s203.photo%20bucket.com/user/wmachovina/media/8165b8a0.jpg.html]Image[/url] hope they are only rumors, but I'm not optimistic. Seachele loaded heavy for 3 weeks in the Abacos
Bill
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

beautifully done 31, yes indeed that would be tragic if true.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Dug

Post by Dug »

Bill,

Fingers are crossed that she ends up being ok. I know, I know, its just a boat, just a material thing. But I have to tell you, Alchemy and I have been together through a lot. She has her quirks, some might call personality. I would be sad as hell.

Dug
Carl

Post by Carl »

A pretty boat no doubt, hope she turns up and all is well.

But even if gone...the memories on her will last a lifetime.

Sometimes its better a boat is lost then fall into disrepair...that's a haunting image.
I saw my old boat two years after I sold her...almost unrecognizable. Especially on these older boats...it is like
those old Dracula movies when the vampire is killed, the scene where it ages lifetimes in mere seconds then falls away to dust.

Fingers crossed for you...

Carl
jackryan

Post by jackryan »

Bill,

Thanks for the picture. What a beautiful boat. Keep us posted if you hear any news on her.

JR