Deck supports, Pete Fallon

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

ed c.

Deck supports, Pete Fallon

Post by ed c. »

I was reading one of your posts from August. 2012 and you mentioned that the center joists were lightly higher than the outer ones. By how much? Thanks
Pete Fallon

Re: Deck supports, Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Ed C,
On the center deck supports I did mine about a 1/2" higher than the out board support. The reason is so you don't have puddles on your deck and it allows the water to run off quicker, to the outer edges of the cockpit then out the scuppers. I have seen too many refits that were flat, no deck camber and had standing water on the deck surface.
Hope that answers your question Ed. Still recovering from the last surgery to my knee, the original knee pain is gone but if I try walking for any distance even with the crutches it swells up and hurts pretty bad. The doctor that did the surgery said it would be at least February before I felt completely better. Getting real sick off being on crutches, it will be 16 months since I walked without them. Happy Holidays to all.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
ed c.

Re: Deck supports, Pete Fallon

Post by ed c. »

Hope you feel better, I just saw a guy I know who is on crutches with a bad back problem, he goes for shots tomorrow.