13th Annual N C Bertram Rendezvous

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Rapscallion

13th Annual N C Bertram Rendezvous

Post by Rapscallion »

The North Carolina "faithful" will hold the 13th Annual 2 day Rendezvous on May30 and Ma 31 2014 in Atlantic Beach and Harker's Island, NC. the Friday/Saturday event begins with general dock carousal and light libations at any time on Friday at the Causeway Marina (local BERTRAM headquarters). Full on cocktails and NC BBQ dinner will follow beginning at 6 PM. On Saturday, there will be a boat parade/flotilla to Harker's Island for general fellowship and lunch. All BERTRAM "faithful" in good standing with Capt. Patrick are welcome. For more information contact Lin Spears (RAPSCALLION) at 910-228-8456.
Tommy

Re: 13th Annual N C Bertram Rendezvous

Post by Tommy »

Thanks for sharing, Capt. Lin; I always enjoy this event that you, the Williams and the Maxwells faithfully arrange every year. See you there!
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

was with frank last night, and it looks like we will take a ride up for the day
look forward to it
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Charlie,
You going up Friday or Sat?
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

I would say sat bruce, will drive up and leave early sat morning
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Charlie, I hope you and Frank will get to the Causeway Marina Saturday morning in time to hop on a 31 for the short cruise over to Harkers Island for the cookout. Feel free to call me at (919) eight eight zero-0832 with your ETA.
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

ill give you a call latter tommy
1968 hull # 316 - 757
wlbsr

Post by wlbsr »

Lin - thanks again for all you do to make this happen. this will be my 4th rendezvous out of 5 years and it is something that i really look forward to. On a little bit of an off topic note, just wanted to share that its not ALL about cocktail cruises and rendezvous.... sometimes we make the able mable earn her keep.

fished out of ocracoke a few days last week. one day the seas were 5-7 and it was blowing 20 out of the SE. a SE wind blows straight up the inlet and on a falling tide things can get stack up. on this particular day there was nothing but whitewater. These boats are tanks...

there is a solid 10ft of water across the bar this year and the inlet is in the best shape that i have seen it... maybe better than morehead currently

see you guys friday under what i hope to be better conditions
Bill

BERG1474M74J-315
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

I like the beanbag chairs. Good idea…...
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

As a reminder, the event a Causeway Marina (Atlantic Beach Causeway) starts at 6:30PM on Friday. Saturday AM , boats will leave the Causeway around 9 AM and meet all others in the Turning Basin (southeast end) near the end of the no wake zone. We will flotilla together to Harker’s Point, arriving at approx. 10 AM.

VHF channel 68

I look forward to seeing all of you Friday evening. Travel safe.

Lin

PS: For more information contact Lin Spears (RAPSCALLION) at 910-228-8456
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

(I posted the above for Lin, our able leader.)

Charlie and Frank, feel free to arrive at the Causeway Marina, 300 Atlantic Beach Causeway, Atlantic Beach, NC 28512, by 8:30-8:45 Saturday morning and we'll find a boat for you to hop on for the ride over to Harkers Island. Look for the name "Al Williams Properties" on the marina building and you will know you are at the right place. Or you can follow me over in your vehicle, as I will leave the Causeway Marina be driving my truck to the Saturday cookout (when I leave Harkers, I will be driving on to Ocracoke Island for the week). The BBQ cookout on Friday PM is at the Causeway Marina as well.

Tommy
(919) 880-0832
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Tommy...

Was with Charlie today and then spoke with Lin Spears.. he said you had given him a heads up that the two of us would be coming up for the Sat festivities, so thanks for looking out for us.

Charlie and I will be sure to get to to the causeway Marina on time to hitch a boat ride Sat AM. We are looking forward to seeing you and the other faithful.

Frank
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

cant thank the nc Bertram brothers enough for yesterdays rendezvous
also the Maxwell family for hosting the event
lin, tommy, terry, and all the others it was nice to meet you and others that are not on the board
what a fantastic day, thanks again.
and a special thanks to Lin spears for putting this event together
1968 hull # 316 - 757
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Kudos to Lin Spears and Tommy Drake and everyone else at the great rendevous who made Charlie and me feel so much at home yesterday. This is my second time attending this event, and both times I had the feeling that while I might not have known everybody I was certainly among friends. The venue at the Maxwell's property was fantastic.. in fact I think it might be the most beautiful piece of land in NC.

It was great to meet those of you here who I only knew by screen name, as well as those who don't use this board but who are also true faithful.. I was introduced to more people than I can remember, so is impossible for me to name you all.

I was very impressed with Tommy's dog.. who can balance a french fry on his nose while sitting perfectly still, and on command can flip it into the air, catch it in his mouth, and swallow it in the blink of an eye!

All in all a great day, with great people, great boats, a great location, and great food. The only problem was the fact that the golf cart Tommy was using to give us a tour of the property ran out of power.. so Tommy.. next time you have to be sure you are fully charged.

Again.. thanks to all.. for a fantastic day!
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
CamB25

Post by CamB25 »

one of these days you guys will see my 25 up there!!! Hope everyone had a good time!
1963 Bertram 25
1973 Boston Whaler 13 - sold!
1998 Scout 172 SF - beach taxi
wlbsr

Post by wlbsr »

not the best pictures but here's what i have.

Bill

BERG1474M74J-315
Terry Frank

Post by Terry Frank »

The fat guy with the flower shirt would be me. Limited Edition with the new teak covering boards by the local boat works is mine. Happy to be there with everyone. More than pleased to meet Charlie and IRguy, fellow transplanted Yankees. Sorry that Russ Pagels boat did not make it to the event. Lin, thank you for your continued efforts to make this happen. Miss UV.
Happy to be here. Happy to be anywhere.

Terry
Terry Frank

Post by Terry Frank »

Missed this one. Dug, the Chinese made Bertram bow chock was revealed In NC. Looks great!
Happy to be here. Happy to be anywhere.

Terry
Rapscallion

Post by Rapscallion »

The 13th NC Bertram Rendezvous was a huge success thanks to our host families The Williams and the Maxwell's. We served over 80 people on Friday evening on the shores of Atlantic Beach NC and around 90 on Saturday at Harker's Point.

Many thanks to all who made an effort to travel by land or by sea and it was fun to see new boats and new people in attendance.

Based on my best count, we had 8 or 9 31's, 3 28's, a sporty 26 Moppie, classic 25 fb, and Gary Henderson's spectacular 20 Sportsman

We will look forward to the 2015 event- same time next year- weekend after Memorial Day. RAPSCALLION standing by and proud!
Dug

Post by Dug »

Sounds like a great time!!!!

Terry, awesome! Glad to hear it!!!!

Dug
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Your boat looks great Terry!
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
JLCrittenden

Post by JLCrittenden »

Thanks to Lin and the host family's! We had a great time and meet great people! Can't wait till next year !
1984 b26.6 II sport Convertible
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Hard to believe this was the 13th year of this event, and B31.com played a key role in this tradition coming about. Great to see Charlie for his first trip, and a Frank "IRGuy" for his second. And yes, Frank, we will complete the tour in the golf cart next year. Thanks again to Lin, the a Maxwells and the Williamses for making it happen.