Unbelievable occurance

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Ric

Unbelievable occurance

Post by Ric »

Well I thought i had seen everything until yesterday. My marina is Lowering its Gas price to 3$ agallon for this weekend only, from 3.69. Seems "No" one is going out and using thier boat and no one is buying any fuel. When asked about the diesel price of 2.89 and whether we will be getting any "special"rates the answer is No. Diesel in P/Town is 2.65 go figure.....I'm looking forward to Martha's,,,,Mojo Mitch can u call me 1-978-397-6140
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

ric
dont feel bad iam paying $3.40 a gal for diesel on long island :cry:
randall

Post by randall »

hey ric....not surprised....walking around a marina in montauk yesterday....not a single charter boat out...but gas was lower than a few days before...traffic in gardiners bay which is usually light is boarder line non existant....cept small outboards....see you shortly....randall
neil

Post by neil »

randall do you want shirts i dont have an order for you . i still have a few. we will be in montauk thurs pm on our way to ob , bob foirse and i will travel together fri am neil
randall

Post by randall »

neil....save me a medium if you can....i can add it to my vast collection of bertram shirts
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

One of the local marinas on the Barnegat Bay has diesel at $2.53. That is cheaper then home delivery and at the gas stations. Except the gas stations charge a ton of road tax. Oh by the way boat traffic around here is down to almost nothing. Good for me but bad for the local businesses. Harv what did AC charge last weekend for gas?
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

Ahhh, Gas prices.

I paid $3.65/gal Balt before I left for AC last week.

I fueld in the C&D cannal before heading to Cape May $4.15 (ouch) at least it was only 74 gals.

South Jersey was $3.64 (I think, buy this time I quit looking).

So all in all it took me about 480 gal round trip to Atlantic City. A weekend among fellow Bertram owners... priceless.

By the way, I fished the Shark Tourney wiht Dug, first weekend in June, and on the way back on Sunday evening the Chesapeake was full of boats.
This past Sunday on our way back from AC, just a few boats were out. I know I'll be sticking close to home the rest of the summer.

br,
JohnD
Harv

Post by Harv »

Gas at AC for the Bertram Rendezvous was $3.69 per gal with a 10%discount off the total. Gas at my marina is $3.89 in Freeport Long Island.
Harv
John F.

Post by John F. »

To add insult to injury--here on the Chesapeake, gas is in the mid to high $3 gallon range in the counties that have E-10 (the county I live included). The next county south on the Eastern Shore, where I get my fuel these days, has non-blended fuel. I just paid $2.99 gallon there, and gas in Ocean City (non-ethanol) was $3.19 yesterday. Boat traffic here is way down also.
John F.
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Put reg. gas in my Tahoe this morning here in B.R. and 2.89.9. Premium was 3.09.9. Gas on the Tickfaw River at the one fuel dock that sells it was reported at 3.59 last weekend. Good news is ExxonMobil made $10 Billion last quarter and ConocoPhillips made $5 B. We own them both, so I smile at the pump. Ya'll fill up, ya hear?

UV, the smug........
Dave Kosh R.I.P.

Post by Dave Kosh R.I.P. »

Cheapest fuel I seen down here is $2.699 for Red died Diesel high sulpher.
I just bought 220 gallons Monday. Most are around $2.80 and delivered is $3.00 a gallon for Red died. My solution is don't worry about it but plan accordingly. Take longer trips , stay longer , load up on the fish and be satisfied for a while. Short trips don't make any sense in this neck of the woods anymore anyway. Red tide , dead fish all over, no bait until, 60 feet of water. Terrible price for progress. I hope someone figures out how to beat this thing fast (Sorry Vic, I know you have Petro stocks) Dave K
Keep Fishing...
Capt Dick Dean

Gas and other conversation ...

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

Two weeks ago, I borrowed some gas cans and put 97 gallons in the boat from the gas station. It took 2 hours and wasn't worth the trouble nor the exposure, if you get the drift. So gas is $3.69 for 89 octane at my gas dock. . The main marina is at $4.10 for 93 octane. You wanna' hear somethin'. On the way south to AC just last Thursday, I picked up a runnimg mate, WindStar from Freeport. Well, I had traveled some 25 nm, when we met. But as we filled up in AC 6 hours later, I put the same gallons as he did. And I was 25 miles more. You can say what you will and laugh hard at my expense about the Air Induction system, the high output spark plugs, the nitroglyceren and so forth. And yeah, the Marvelous Marvel Mystery Oil. Oh, me oh, my. And another thing. The weather had the seas 8 to 10. I don't know where the weather bouy was that they looked at . My seas were 10 to 15 and building. At one point as I was waiting for WindStar to show at the Jones Inlet buoy, I called. Captain Harv responed via the VHF, "I'm in the Inlet with 10 footers bunched together. Don't call me anymore!". And that's what's goin' on here .... Oh. One more --- Two days ago I'm in this guys office trying to get his money and I note a boat on the wall --- a bubble boat. So I says, You into boats ? Yes he said, I then told him I was in AC over the weekend, having made the trip in the storm. He was impressed to no end. His boat is 35 plus but as I pointed out, his bottom goes flat without a deadrise in the stern. He couldn't believe 24 degees bow to stern on the BERTRAM. I finished up by saying,"That's why it's America's Boat, you dum bastard". I didn't make the sale .... Who care! I know Capt Patrick.....
ed c.

Gas, diesel, etc.

Post by ed c. »

In Wildwood, NJ at the biggest marina ( Schooner Island ) Gas is $3.57 and diesel is $2.62. I don't think the boat traffic is off a whole lot, although the larger charter boats are taking it on the chin. They seldom go out.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

4.19 at my boatyard. That's it, honey pack up the kids we're movin. Let's see who had the lowest prices??? Oh well Vic has all that stock. Vic can we stay with you for a while till we get settled, say a year or two??????
Mitch
Harv

Re: Gas and other conversation ...

Post by Harv »

Capt Dick Dean wrote:Two weeks ago, I borrowed some gas cans and put 97 gallons in the boat from the gas station. It took 2 hours and wasn't worth the trouble nor the exposure, if you get the drift. So gas is $3.69 for 89 octane at my gas dock. . The main marina is at $4.10 for 93 octane. You wanna' hear somethin'. On the way south to AC just last Thursday, I picked up a runnimg mate, WindStar from Freeport. Well, I had traveled some 25 nm, when we met. But as we filled up in AC 6 hours later, I put the same gallons as he did. And I was 25 miles more. You can say what you will and laugh hard at my expense about the Air Induction system, the high output spark plugs, the nitroglyceren and so forth. And yeah, the Marvelous Marvel Mystery Oil. Oh, me oh, my. And another thing. The weather had the seas 8 to 10. I don't know where the weather bouy was that they looked at . My seas were 10 to 15 and building. At one point as I was waiting for WindStar to show at the Jones Inlet buoy, I called. Captain Harv responed via the VHF, "I'm in the Inlet with 10 footers bunched together. Don't call me anymore!". And that's what's goin' on here .... Oh. One more --- Two days ago I'm in this guys office trying to get his money and I note a boat on the wall --- a bubble boat. So I says, You into boats ? Yes he said, I then told him I was in AC over the weekend, having made the trip in the storm. He was impressed to no end. His boat is 35 plus but as I pointed out, his bottom goes flat without a deadrise in the stern. He couldn't believe 24 degees bow to stern on the BERTRAM. I finished up by saying,"That's why it's America's Boat, you dum bastard". I didn't make the sale .... Who care! I know Capt Patrick.....
Dick,

get the facts straight.
You called me on the phone while I was running the inlet. You asked where am I already. I said, "I'm in the inlet, the breakers are tight at 10 to 15 feet. I can't talk right now......GOOD BYE!!!!!" Once I cleared the inlet it became a more comfortable 6-10 and behind us all the way. I'm surprised you only said 10-15. I thought for sure you would have rated those waves at 20 feet or more by now.......and still growing.
Harv
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Put about 65 gal of diesel in AJ this morning to fill her up, $2.59 gal.

UV