ZF Transmission

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

RAWicklund

ZF Transmission

Post by RAWicklund »

Is anyone familiar with the electric shift/solenoid type on a zf 63? Can I convert to a manuel shift using the same spool housing? If so, What parts do I need????

As I slooooowly aquire all the parts needed for my diesel conversion.... I picked up my second zf63a for what I thought was a great deal on ebay. Only problem is that it is an electric shift model.

The manuel shift control housing is offered on ebay for about $600 to $1300. The electric shift housing is a couple hundred more..... but I'm not sure if there is high enough demand to do a trade with any of these sellers.

I've got a conection with the New Orleans dealer but they deal mainly in the big stuff....500hp and up.... My friend (a marine engineer) is having lunch with a rep next week and he is supposed to follow up for me. But I thought someone here might have some input.

I'm in no hurry, since the soonest I can start the work is not till fall if not much later.... oh well too many irons in the fire and I have a B28 that runs (sort of) now.

Thanks

Ray
1971 Sportfish 314 49 1103
1994 B28 BERF2720L394