Used Generator

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Capt.Frank

Used Generator

Post by Capt.Frank »

Guys looking for any advise. Going to look at a used nexgen 3.5kw this week. I know these Kabota engines are realy simple. Is there anything in particula to check besides running and power output. There is no sound incloser.

Thanks
Frank
1976 FBC
3208 NA
Capt.Frank

Re: Used Generator

Post by Capt.Frank »

Is a sound encloser needed for a low rpm generator? I know most are running enclosers.
1976 FBC
3208 NA
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

My NexGen 3.5 isn't a low rpm model. It's a bit noisy, but not too bad. With the enclosure, it's fairly quiet. I wouldn't say that it's necessary, but it helps some. The down side to the enclosure is that it requires a fan to draw air through it, and the fan isn't quiet either......
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
wmachovina

Post by wmachovina »

Mike, I use one of my old gasser blowers for the fan fits and works great,can't hear it over the rumble
Bill
Joe E

Post by Joe E »

Capt frank, if you pass on the gen set, can you send the info my way, I am looking for one as we speak(write) Joe
4 1/2 years to build, Slashed Sept 16, 2016. 212 hours already and counting.
Keith Poe

Post by Keith Poe »

Only good thing i have found with the cheap loud gens is the noise draws predators in unlike chumming being one direction sound is 360

Video Link
Monster
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=610 ... =3&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sportsmen Conservation Sustainable Harvest Accountability Integrity with the spirit of a Warrior.
jrhaszard

Post by jrhaszard »

I have a Mastervolt 3.5 with a single cylinder Kubota diesel and it is very noisy. Located OB of Port Engine. Mostly exhaust noise.
BERG1847M80F
Keith Poe

Post by Keith Poe »

on the bow of the gray boat is a black BBQ cover about ten bucks at Lowe's and under it is a 3.5 KW Gasser electric start cost was about 250.00 or 350.00 and has a remote for my key chain.

This one has been on the bow for 4 years still working and the one before it none electric start was there for over ten years still working put away in my garage.

I just uncover it when i get where I'm going and turn it on and off with the remote on my key chain when i get hooked up.

There are two 1500 watt halogens on the arch with dimmers on each light.

Sportsmen Conservation Sustainable Harvest Accountability Integrity with the spirit of a Warrior.
buzzk

Post by buzzk »

My last boat had a Next Gen 3.5 KW. It was great. Never had a problem. It was a little noisy but I didn't have a sound shield.