Uncle Vic Memorial Tournament

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

kipp

Uncle Vic Memorial Tournament

Post by kipp »

There will never be another UVI, but I can't think of a better way to honor the man we all loved than to have a B31 gathering/tournament at Port Eads. Construction is moving along, and for sure we could have one there next season. If we have it ,one thing is certain. Vic will figure out a way to win, even though he has left us.Any of the faithful want to help me organize it?
Kipp
Tom

Post by Tom »

There would be no more fitting way to honor him. Ernest mentioned the same this morning.
Viva la Presidente!
jackryan

Post by jackryan »

Kipp,

Great idea. Count me in and let me know what I can do to help.

John Ryan
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Kipp, Great idea, hopin Harry Babb is lookin for a fishin crew...Im in..would be fitting if no one wins...just because...BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Capt. Mac Creech

UVI

Post by Capt. Mac Creech »

Great Idea
Mac
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

I'm in......

Will set Port Eads as a waypoint and be more than happy to help with the planning.

Kipp/Jack my cell number is 251-510-5293.....be sure to leave a message if I miss your call.

hb
hb
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I'm in! Wouldn't miss it.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

I'm in depending on the dates, probably get a few more B31's to follow suit.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Hyena Love

UVMI

Post by Hyena Love »

How about third week of June 2013? Port Eads, and if not available or lacking in rooms, Venice.

Bet we could get at least two, if not three boats, out of Texas. Lil Bert, Capt. Morgan, and maybe even Andy K's boat.

Mines the only one out of Texas with a chance to place though. As we all know, the UVI doesn't have a Hattass or Topaz division. Just like it does not have a women's division or one for blind guys.

Let's do this at least one more time.
Brian Y

Post by Brian Y »

I never got to know Vic, but I miss him already. I can't tell you how helpful all of his knowledge and experience has been to me as I read these older posts. I am here in Texas, and if I ever get out of the boat-yard, I would love to join you guys in celebrating Vic's memory in Por Eads. I love fishing over there and I think that running my 31 over for some fishing would be a memorable experience. I am a little concerned about the June date... It's pretty sporty over there, then. I have fished the Cajun Caynons and Isle of Capri Tournaments for a number of years, and the weather can be nasty in June. With that said, I would go in June, if that's what it has to be.

Thanks,

Brian