Jose Wejebe

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

PeterPalmieri

Jose Wejebe

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Not sure you guys heard but he died in a plane crash over the weekend.

As a fly fisherman I was a big fan of the Spanish fly, he will be missed.
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

That's terribly sad. Do you know if he was on a filming trip? I too always enjoyed his show when I saw it.
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Sad day for a great fisherman, I knew him from tournements in south Florida back in the late 1980's. He was a true gentleman. RIP Jose.
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Capt.Frank

Post by Capt.Frank »

Walter what I heard on Friday that he was flying his plane and crashed. He was the only one on the plane. He will be missed for sure.
1976 FBC
3208 NA
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Watched him often, this weekend Jose and a good buddy poled around some back ponds and ditches aound merrit island catching reds on chunks of bait, back to the basics so to speak...sad news indeed...a true fisherman...BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
wmachovina

Post by wmachovina »

Talked to a float plane guy out of Key West Saturday at the fbo in MIA. Apparently on a floatplane going to Everglades City to do some tv production work. Does anyone know if his Dad started the series, Chico Fernandez? Used to fly with his wife at the old gig. Sad day, fair winds...
Bill
Diego

Post by Diego »

Great person, fisherman and ambassador to the world of fishing. Our prayers to his family and friends.

D
Bertram 31- Panama
"Catalina"
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

That sucks! I think the first time I saw him was back when The Walkers Cay Cronicals" first was on the tube and Flip Pallot was fishing with him. Shortly after that he had is own show.

I think it was tarpon in the Keys that he stripped to his skivies and dove in with rod and reel to avoid getting tangled in the pilings for a client he was fishing.

Great TV!

RIP
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
nestorpr

Post by nestorpr »

That was a great loss for the sport, his was one of the best fishing shows on TV and will be sorely missed. Perhaps he'll hook up with my brother in heaven and have some great fly fishing trips together, RIP.
Looking for my next boat!