Massachusetts Tornado

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory Walter K

Massachusetts Tornado

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Any of our Massachusetts buddies affected?
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Sad that 4 folks died......

Whats with all this bad weather and the tornados, earthquakes and flooding this year. I know that the flooding happens on a more common basis but the tornados and earthquakes of recent sure seems to be out of the norm.

Not looking forward to hurricane season this year.

hb
hb
tunawish

Post by tunawish »

Most of it was West of Worcester in the Springfield area......

We just got a lot of lighting/thunder and a steady south blow of 20/25 almost all day.. Worst part for us was about 2 hours ago, but still just some heavy rain here just North of Boston...

Nothing like the poor people out west...State of emergency right now out there....

Dug is the closest one I know to the action but i didn't see his town mentioned on the list with severe damage ...

Hope he and Liz are fine..

My daughters friend in VT had 2 1/2" hail...

Ray
Dug

Post by Dug »

Fortunately all here is fine. We got a lot of rain, and I mean a lot, but that is not a huge deal. A lot of lightning, and thunder, which freaked out the dog, but what doesn't freak out the dog as of late...

That being said, as of 8:45 am this morning, the entire state is still under a state of emergency. There was a lot of damage where the 7 tornados touched down. Springfield is messed up pretty badly, and that is only about 45 miles away tops. Another touched down in Southbridge and Sturbridge, which is just south of the Mass Turnpike also south of here. If you were in its way, you were messed up. Otherwise, rain. A good friend of mines uncle saw the tornado in western ma. Another good friend of mines brother got locked in the Target here in Worcester, as they would not let people out or in for a period of time around 5:30 pm last night. There were a lot of people running scared, as the media had them all wound up. But as I said, that was warranted if you were in the path of one of the cells. We had a tornado warning in effect for about 2 hours, which as many here know is the real deal, not just a tornado watch.

Thankfully no one I know was hurt, but 4 are dead. Wild. This video was also pretty interesting, from one of the taller buildings in Springfield...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGYCkGv5sPs
Watch when it goes out over the CT river and right over the bridge loaded with cars!

Dug
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

That's amazing video. Sure reaked havoc on the river.....never seen anything like that.....wonder what the fish were thinking??

hb
hb
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Nothing but heavy rain here, north and west got clobbered...ripped a steeple off a church and tore apart old brick buildings like it was paper. Weather chiefs were assesing damage and will release F scale tomorrow. BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Bob wrote:Nothing but heavy rain here,
At least you did not have to PLOW IT! ! !

hb
hb