Replace Inboard Vortec 4.3s with 350s.

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

sigourneyanderson

Replace Inboard Vortec 4.3s with 350s.

Post by sigourneyanderson »

Comparison Between Shark LZ601 Duoclean And Az1002

In the market, Shark is quite a famous brand. Shark apex uplight vacuum is highly appreciated by consumers for its quality. The manufacturer also constantly launches many different versions of the machine.

The variety of products makes it difficult for many people to choose a home appliance. To solve the above problem, in the article below, we will compare 2 products of the Shark Apex lighting series, APEX LZ601, and APEX AZ1002.

Design

Similarity

Like most Shark machines, the LZ601 and AZ1002 are built vertically. The body is of moderate length, made of tubular steel. Thanks to that, you can raise and lower easily and comfortably.

The center of gravity pours into the center of the vertical suction head to help the machine stand firmly, limiting falling and damaging parts. Both have an intelligent design, and the body has a lock to attach the device's accessories.

Difference

The dust box of the LZ601 is mounted above the handle, almost close to the handle. In some cases, this design is very convenient.

For example, you need to clean under the bed, under the cabinet, under the table, chair, lower the body, and the machine goes inside very deep without being obstructed.

In contrast, the AZ1002 has a dust container located below, close to the machine's suction head. With such a design, you will feel more comfortable when scanning prominent places. Besides, the view will also be more comprehensive.

Moreover, the suction speed is also faster due to the short waste path. This design is suitable for homes with little furniture. If there are many tables and chairs, it will be a bit inconvenient to clean.

Suction technology

Similarity

The large suction helps the two devices to suck up all kinds of garbage quickly. Even sucking pet hair is not too difficult. In general, between those two products, there is not too much difference in attraction.

Good deep cleaning is not surprising for Shark vacuums, especially the Shark apex uplight with duoclean. Owning either of these machines, you don't need to worry about the suction speed and the ability to clean any surface.

Both LZ601 and AZ1002 feature many leading-edge technologies to ensure the best user experience. The following are the standard technologies of the two devices.

Difference

The LZ601 features HyperVelocity acceleration for streamlined airflow and a high-speed motor that combines to give you quick suction. The adoption of HyperVelocity to the handheld form factor has made the LZ601 one of the best suction handhelds.

Besides, AZ1002 has also integrated noise reduction technology, which is one of the points that users love. The machine can professionally tune the sound to reduce noise and soften the pitch. It doesn't stop there; Active-Glide technology is also included in the AZ1002 for gentle movement on hard floors and carpets while maintaining strong suction.

The Included Accessories

Each type of machine will have separate accompanying parts. Usually, the more accessories that come with it, the more money you have to spend. This is also one of the reasons for the price difference between LZ601 and AZ1002. Therefore, you need to determine the proper use and choose the most suitable tool for yourself.

Conclusion

Hopefully, the above information will give you basic information about the Shark LZ601 DuoClean and AZ1002 machines from Shark apex uplight corded lift away vacuum cleaner and the best choice for you.
Last edited by sigourneyanderson on Apr 7th, '24, 03:56, edited 2 times in total.
scenarioL113

Re: Replace Inboard Vortec 4.3s with 350s.

Post by scenarioL113 »

I have no real world data but 350's should push that boat fairly well. You are currently setup with I/Os correct? My friend had a B26 yrs ago with mercruiser Inline 6s and the boat ran and performed very well. With 350's you will be adding some weight but more HP so IDK but I dont think you would be disappointed
1971 28 Bertram
4BT Cummins

Frank

9-11-01 NEVER FORGET
scenarioL113

Post by scenarioL113 »

also for props I might start with a set of 18X18s and see how it performs. I had 17X17 with my B28 when I had 350's so I would go with more prop bc you are lighter
1971 28 Bertram
4BT Cummins

Frank

9-11-01 NEVER FORGET
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

I have a set of 17x17s you could try if the shafts are the right size.
Chanse

Post by Chanse »

Bertram 26 FBSF w/IO’s 1976/77. Hull reintroduced early 80’s sans bridge
and IO’s. Convertible Inboard powered and some outboards.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

https://www.onallcylinders.com/2018/11/ ... cam-specs/

Boy I wish they made a Marine LH8 as a replacement and conversion. LH8 being so much better, power for it’s size, and efficient than an antiquated 350. Bolt pattern fits for trans too, and the aftermarket and factory support is huge.
They are a much proven engine now!
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Rocky - true but the 350's are simple, plentiful and inexpensive. You can run them hard in a marine environment and they hold up (my experience).
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Rocky,
Marine power makes a 5.3.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Ahh, yes thanks Bruce. I noticed Volvo Penta too now. I’d think as long as closed cooling system is used, that 5.3 would make really good numbers, and for a very long time.
Just a thought.