The Long Island 2 day walk and the Greis family

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Dug

The Long Island 2 day walk and the Greis family

Post by Dug »

Those of you who have participated in this board for many years may remember a pretty spectacular couple. Fred and Karen Greis live on Long Island, and own the Kar-Fre, which is a terrific Bertram 31 that has been enjoying a 3 plus year re-fit. Rumor has it that it will be splashing this spring, but we shall see... But I digress. The Kar-Fre was one of the three boats that made it to Block Island for the first NE rendezvous many years ago, and that is when I met the Greis's as well as enjoyed Capy and his wifes company.

About 4 years ago Karen was diagnosed with breast cancer, and has had a good long road of fight. She is in good health now, and I am proud to tell you all will be walking the Long Island 2 day breast cancer walk. It is 35 miles in two days to raise money for breast cancer research.

Fred wrote me and asked me if I would support he and his wife with this. My answer was and is, of course! I also know this group, and have watched generous support for individuals and thier struggles have amazing results.

I thought it only appropriate to provide anyone here in the Bertram 31 community the ability to support Karen and her walk if they wanted to. There is only one catch. Any donations must be "logged" by tomorrow.

If you are interested, and you want to support Karen, please log into www.li2daywalk.org and in the upper right hand corner of the screen is the word Donate. Click on it, and type the name Greis into the walker name search. Click on Karen and provide any amount you feel you want to.

I have to say that this website has had a profound impact on my life. UV has said it many times, as have others, but I have real friends that I have made here. This is an opportunity to support one of us with something that is real, tangible, and meaningful.

I hope you will agree with me and show that by providing a donation for Karen in any amount you want.

Thanks,

Dug
mikepelham

I know the Feeling

Post by mikepelham »

Having cancer in my life with my Dad has changed my life. To see what they go through is AMAZING. I will make a donation to honor such a fighter. Words cannot describe how you feel about such an event until it personally affects you and then you understand what so many people go through. God bless them!
mikepelham

DONATION

Post by mikepelham »

JUST DONATED $100. MAY SAVE SOME OF OUR LIVES IN THE FUTURE!
Dug

Post by Dug »

Mike,

I am sure Fred and Karen will chime in. But I would like to thank you both from me, and on their behalf.

I also gave $100.

Dug
capy

Post by capy »

I donated 50 for Karen and 50 for Fred.

Dug, hasn't karfre been on the hard for 6 years?????

Last time it was wet was 2000 as I remember...
Rit

Donation

Post by Rit »

My family has also been struck by Cancer. I donated $100.

I hope a way is found to get that boat back to the water.

Rit
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

Who are Karen and Fred? There're great Americans!

I'm in.

Diesel Dug, thanks for the heads up!
A/K/A El Gaupo