Best of luck in Texas

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Terry Frank

Best of luck in Texas

Post by Terry Frank »

Heads up guys. Wishing you and yours the best in this very trying time. If you own a 31 you are resilient and I'm sure that you will do OK.
Happy to be here. Happy to be anywhere.

Terry
Dug

Re: Best of luck in Texas

Post by Dug »

This one looks damned serious. Good luck to those we know and those we don't know down there. Hoping it goes as smoothly as possible. Thinking of you all. Serious....
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

They are going to see a lot of rain on top of these high winds and storm surge.

Hope everyone stays safe.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Capt.Frank

Post by Capt.Frank »

I hope everyone in Texas is doing Ok.48 hrs of rain from a hurricane is really bad. That's a lot of rain. We will keep you guys in our prayers.
1976 FBC
3208 NA
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Thanks for the thoughts guys. I was out of the country on vacation, and I still had family at the house so it was a little nerve racking being away. Spent Friday morning until Tuesday evening getting back home. Lots of delayed flights, missed connections, cancelled flights, rental cars, hotels. Quite a trip, we finally got back into the US by flying into Miami. So all total, 4.5 days, a little more than 2100 miles completely ad lib just made it up along the way dodging weather going east. About half flights, and half road trip.

I was glad to sleep in my own bed last night. Not everyone has that luxury down here right now, so we are blessed. I have at least 6 different friends whose families have lost their homes. I know all you guys along the East Coast understand. Ike in 2008 was our last big one.

I live on the coast about an hour south of Houston, fortunately our little town dodged a bullet. Very little damage and very little flooding, and we still have power. Houston is a terrible mess. Took hours to navigate through there to get home. It appears this will be the costliest natural disaster in US history.

I talked to John Cranston and they were ok up north of Houston. I also ran by his bay house down here today and no issues there. So a couple of us Texas guys are doing ok.

I hope the other Houston area folks are doing ok. My prayers for anyone affected. This storm has changed a lot of lives.
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Thanks for checking in Danny! I tried calling you the other day I figured you had your hands full. Stay well my friend!
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
scot

Post by scot »

Thanks for the well wishes. Basically, 70% of my home town (Orange, TX) took water from Harvey. Fortunately we stayed high and dry. The entire region will be cleaning up for years. The 25 project stayed up on her blocks and no trees or limbs hit the boat (unlike RITA). Now to find the time to continue working on the boat between helping all those around me clean up and rebuild, as most of my family and friends suffered flood damage from 40" of rain.

Best of luck to all in the path of Irma.. stay safe, bug out or hunker down. Irma is a very serious storm.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Scott glad to hear all is well. Make sureyouget out wet sheet rock and insulation out asap.i wouldalsospray the bare wood down with old killer.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315