B28 on board generator location

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

ford351c594

B28 on board generator location

Post by ford351c594 »

I would have to assume if it does exist between the engines? Can't see it fitting any place else? Anyone have some pictures? I have the chance to pic up a nice northstar right now for just a few hundred bucks. Guy said it ran fine about a year ago but can't get it started now.
Ryan Randall
73 B28 flybridge
"smart people learn from their mistakes, the smartest people learn from others and their mistakes"
Carl

Re: B28 on board generator location

Post by Carl »

ford351c594 wrote:I would have to assume if it does exist between the engines? Can't see it fitting any place else? Anyone have some pictures? I have the chance to pic up a nice northstar right now for just a few hundred bucks. Guy said it ran fine about a year ago but can't get it started now.

Oy vey...memory overflow!

Over the years my dad came across several Great Deals on Used Working...but not working quite right now...generators. Kinda funny how a working generators can cost so much to repair...and still not work.

Sorry, I can't help much on location of install.

Good luck.
Bruce
Site Admin

Re: B28 on board generator location

Post by Bruce »

Most all the 28 gen set installs I saw were between engines. It can restrict access to inboard sides and aft of engines. They all were rusty from deck leaks at the center to main hatch overlap. Not much of a gutter there.

Two had pulled an engine and put outboard and moved batteries to opposite side to balance out.

Northstar gensets are air cooled portable units, would not put below deck.