Almost done

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Al C
Standing Member

Almost done

Post by Al C »

After a LONG two year stay at Holtz my boat is nearing completion. Although Sandy didn't beat her to badly it was an older restoration that was begging to be done again.
Would have posted more but Tom is being stingy with the pictures he sends.

mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Re: Almost done

Post by mike ohlstein »

Nice!
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
John F.

Post by John F. »

Nice and clean. More pics please
1968 B20 Moppie - Hull # 201-937
1969 B31 FBC - Hull # 315-881 (sold)
1977 B31 FBC - Hull # BERG1652M77J
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Pretty work
Al C
Standing Member

Post by Al C »

One more

Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Al

Nice looking boat. I trust you are happy so far. One day, taking my repower, to the final level and getting it her all prettied up is on the bucket list. If it happens or not is another story.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Al C
Standing Member

Post by Al C »

Tony

The guys at holtz are doing a great job the boat looks better than I ever imagined. I probably would never had been able to restore her to this extent if it was not for the storm and the insurance money that went with it.
My main thing has always been fishing and my boats were never pretty just functional, now I look at her and think how can I get blood on something thats so nice and clean.
MY wife and daughter are actually looking to go for a ride, never had to worry about that before!!!
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

very nice
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Glad to hear your almost done. Looks great those guys do some nice work. I'm a bit partial to
Bahia Mars. Love the woodwork just enough to dress her up. Follow Walters cleaning recipe
And only tiptop teak oil. Just did my woodwork today in prep for the NE Rendevous. BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Looks awesome!
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Al

Best of luck with her when she splach's. You will get blood on her. You will bang her up. Ask Jimmy G what it feels like having a shark bite the transom on one of your first outings.

It is all cosmetic and fixable.

You keep her up at Sandy Hook do you not?
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Al C
Standing Member

Post by Al C »

Thanks for the kind words guys.
Tony I'm over in Staten Island at the same marina as Carl but if you can believe it we have never met.
Jamie MacKenzie

Post by Jamie MacKenzie »

Wow. 2 years? mine has been at Holtz for 8 months. That's not too encouraging. Your boat looks beautiful, though. I've admired it when I was visiting mine in the paint shed. Maybe I won't sign up for a slip next summer... :-/
Al C
Standing Member

Post by Al C »

Yep thought I was getting her back in May so I paid for this years dock. Doesn't look like I will be getting much use out her this year.
Carl

Post by Carl »

Al C wrote:Thanks for the kind words guys.
Tony I'm over in Staten Island at the same marina as Carl but if you can believe it we have never met.

Lol...although it hasn't been from a lack of trying. I did meet several of your friends and a few dock mates when I ventured over to your end of the marina to say hi...

Boats looking great! Can't wait to see in person. Although I have a feeling doing that is going to cost me.

Carl
Al C
Standing Member

Post by Al C »

Carl
Don't know if anyone is still around I have not be down the yard much,think I'm on "D" dock now unless Eddie moved me.

Al
Carl

Post by Carl »

Al,
You have most likely been there more then me...I have yet to step on the new docks.

Still lots of old faces around...with some new. Much of my "C" dock crowd disbursed, many to Mansion and a couple to Tottenville/Port Atlantic, others stayed with land yachts after losings boats.

So its "D" dock now...hope they dredged or moved docks further from bulkhead. On the lows you really had to hug docks to avoid touching bottom.

Next year is looking like I can put boat in AND have time to use...maybe back to "C" dock...or closer to harbor entrance if I stay at Nichols.