anchor nave light replacement

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Keith Poe

anchor nave light replacement

Post by Keith Poe »

got pulled over Nave Light is more white than green anyone know where to get a replacement for the anchor light ?

Also where should I buy cutlass bearings ?
Sportsmen Conservation Sustainable Harvest Accountability Integrity with the spirit of a Warrior.
Pete Fallon

Re: anchor nave light replacement

Post by Pete Fallon »

Keith, Which nav light are we talking about, the original open top drop in dome style, or the newer combo bow chock with the bigger domed shaped lens somebody made a knock off of the original (Chrome Brass style) or the larger slab side style with grooves on the outside(Chris Craft Style)? The small round ones are available at Boat Owners Warehouse in Riviera Beach, Florida, you might have to grind off the lip so it drops into the hole. I don't know where you can get the other style. The anchor light was a Wilcox/ Chritten made glass lens. I haven't seen on of them in years. Acorn Products makes a real nice anchor light with LED bulbs, did a survey yesterday that had that style anchor light. Check their web site. Any good prop shop should have the cutlass bearings in stock.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Keith,
The anchor light was an Attwood Brand not Accon, It had a nice stainless steel base with a combo 3 mile anchor/ steaming light LED bulb.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Joseph Fikentscher

Post by Joseph Fikentscher »

Just yesterday I checked my bow chock running lights. The red and green were faded to almost white. When I removed the tops I noticed that the red was faded only at the opening so I rotated the lens and that side was fixed. The green was faded all around the lens so it needs to be replaced. I went to all the local stores including West Marine and found nothing that would fit. At the lase store, Hoffmans Marine, I found a plastic paint roller tray that was see through green. I cut a strip and lined the old lens. Worked perfectly! Problem fixed for $2.40.
Sea Hunt Triton 207, a step down, but having fun till my next Bertram!

[url]https://www.instagram.com/endurance_ber ... hl=en/[url]
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

I painted mine on the inside with a green magic marker as a temporary fix.

Here is another idea for dying the lens. Don't laugh at the source, it came up on a Google search.

http://mydesignfolder.com/design-blog/d ... d-bottles/
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

I think Danny at High Tide has them, but he wants you children before you can even think about buying one. They are pretty pricey.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Terry Frank

Post by Terry Frank »

And I seem to remember that UV stated that they were not substantial or safe. He said and that ones mounted on the bridge were they way to go. Something about size and visibility . Just saying. After his statement I gave up on the bow mounted ones and bought a pair of LED's that are mounted up high on the bridge.
Happy to be here. Happy to be anywhere.

Terry
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

About a year ago I bought a pair from Danny... They were $37 each..
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan